Is married life in danger by the Internet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pretendersfan, Jul 18, 2007.

1. pretendersfan

pretendersfan New Member

If one or the other is getting obsessed with the Internet this can spoil a once happy relationship. I am sure this is going to be a future problem.. It is such a solo thing as you are the person with your own view space that you control. Watching the T.V. can be a family view time. Computers are solo things.. Any views on this????

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

No. It'd be pretty pathetic if a marriage was ruined by the internet. It would probably mean that it wasn't a good marriage to begin with.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Some people probably have or will end up ruining their marriages by spending too much time on the internet, but, that can also be said about anything addicting. Videogames, hobbies, etc. The trick is to have balance.

4. ShadowThrone

ShadowThrone New Member

For all of us excessive compulsive people... I would say yes!... Me being married is the one reason I have and never will play WOW... :D man, but what a great looking game!!!

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Yeah, people need to learn to balance their lives and enjoy each other, not the internet.

6. Miss_Onaire0x6

Miss_Onaire0x6 New Member

Most definately!
    I think marraiges and relationships are in danger by the internet!
    There is too much option now.
    You can meet people so many different ways via the internet...
    So therefore.. you have someone you are happy with.. then someone comes along that seems EVEN better on the net....
    Where as before youd meet people out in clubs and stuff... now there is no limit.. because you can meet EVERYONE in your whole area in just a click of a mouse! So more people arent willing to settle done.
    Online flirting is too easy to do... married or not... and then sometimes it leads to more.. which can lead to straying away......