Is Love enough?

Hiei

The Hierophant
I love watching people air out their dirty laundry. It makes me feel better about myself.

============

Anyway, I feel that love is an important thing in a relationship, but love can fade away and die. There are many many other things that need to be in a relationship in order for it to work. You need honesty, maturity, fun, excitement, communication, just to name a few. Like Cons said, if a relationship were a car, love would be the steering wheel. But without everything else, all you have is just the love.

You can love a book. You can love a place. But just the love alone won't help you through your days. It might feel good, but in the long run, you'll not only need more than just love, you'll demand more or you'll move on. Or rather, that's for me. I'll move on if all I feel is just love. If I feel loved but not respected, I'll move on.

Hiei

The Hierophant
You know, the more that I think about it, if a relationship were a vehicle, then love would be the fuel for it. If you truly love your partner, it'll give you the strength to make it through any problem that you have. But you still need all of the other parts to actually be able to make it anywhere. I'd say that communication would be the steering wheel, and honesty would be the engine, and respect would be the wheels. Without any one of those parts, you're not going to make it very far into your relationship before things just start to break down.

But if the love is reciprocal, then everything else should be as well. If it's not, then I have to question if the two people truly love each other.
Only if you define love the same way. I have loved many girls before, yet I was not faithful to them. I will always be faithful to my wife as that is my solemn promise to her and to myself.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I never did understand being able to cheat on someone if you loved them, myself.

I don't think love by itself is enough, especially if it's not mutual.

I never did understand being able to cheat on someone if you loved them, myself.

I don't think love by itself is enough, especially if it's not mutual.
Love and fidelity are not the same. Love is a feeling, fidelity a commitment. I love my friends and I have many, I love my daughter but I would love her sibling just as much should god bless us with another child.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't see love and fidelity as 2 separate things, when it is a romantic relationship. I just don't understand how you could hurt someone that way...if you loved them.