Is Love enough?

Encoder

Registered Member
I read the above posts and its all very interestingly enough I agree with the ones that said no, it isn't enough. I as an individual I require much more stimulation than just love. Especially having been through a few "love" relationships and all the love ceases to exist, just vanishes after having broke up. Love is supposed to be one of those forever and ever expressions, well it isn't. I think only shakespeare could revive it to what it once was. In real life, you don't need love to sustain a relationship anymore and maybe that is a sad thing, but its the truth and the truth, is always sour.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Relationships can definitely not last on love alone. They need work. They need attention and sometimes even sacrifices from both parties. For me, the question is this : if you truly love someone, will you not do anything and everything it takes to make that relationship work?

Relationships can definitely not last on love alone. They need work. They need attention and sometimes even sacrifices from both parties. For me, the question is this : if you truly love someone, will you not do anything and everything it takes to make that relationship work?
Even the deepest love can be affected by circumstances that creep in and leave doubts in their wake.
I think sometimes truly loving someone also means knowing when it's time to face the fact that the love alone will not sustain the relationship. When you are able to take a step back and see that all your hopes and dreams for a happy future are nothing more than whimsical wishes in the face of reality, then you have to ask yourself the hard questions. There are times when the answers you come up with make you aware that love put blinders over your heart and kept you from seeing the big picture.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yes, I think love is enough. When you truly love someone you will do anything for that person, not lie to and cheat on them.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Even the deepest love can be affected by circumstances that creep in and leave doubts in their wake.
To be clear, what exactly do you mean with circumstances? What do you consider to be reason enough to stop loving someone without any further attempts to work through "circumstances"?

To be clear, what exactly do you mean with circumstances? What do you consider to be reason enough to stop loving someone without any further attempts to work through "circumstances"?
Waiting for someone to keep unkept promises, realizing that you are the only one who has made any real effort for the relationship to come to fruition, knowing that you don't want to play the parent but would prefer something based on equality from both partners. There are many circumstances that can affect what once seemed so perfect, but those are just a few that come to mind.
------
Yes, I think love is enough. When you truly love someone you will do anything for that person, not lie to and cheat on them.
Maybe you should write that blog after all and just let it all out. There was no cheating and the only untruth was because of the love, not lack of.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Waiting for someone to keep unkept promises
I never broke a single promise to you. You cannot say the same. I have email proof of many of your broken promises.

knowing that you don't want to play the parent but would prefer something based on equality from both partners.
Ok, seriously? Who supported you through all of your hard times? I never even thought of myself as a parent to you then. It was called love.

Maybe you should write that blog after all and just let it all out. There was no cheating and the only untruth was because of the love, not lack of.
You know what another word for untruth is? Lie. Sorry, you don't lie over and over again to someone you love for two months, especially when that person asks you to be honest. Go ahead, keep pretending you did nothing wrong.

Ok, seriously? Who supported you through all of your hard times? I never even thought of myself as a parent to you then. It was called love.
You know what the difference is? I took the step and changed my circumstances, I didn't leave you waiting for 2 years.

Call me a liar all you want, but as you do so be sure to take a look at all you promised as well but never bothered to attempt to act on.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Call me a liar all you want, but as you do so be sure to take a look at all you promised as well but never bothered to attempt to act on.
I'd be curious to hear what promises I broke seeing how you never brought any of them up during our relationship.