Is life long enough?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Providing that we all live to our nationaly expected age, do you think that life is long enough?

There's plenty to see and do on our planet and many of us don't get to do half the things that we had planned.

So do you think there's enough time in life to do what we want, do you think life is too long?

Your thoughts?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I think life is not long enough. I personally would like to live for 200 or more years just so i can watch the events of the world unfold and play out.

I think it's a shame that we humans die out so fast, there is so much out there that we don't understand and by time we do understand it we are dead.

So I think we could use a bit more time.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Even if we did live hundreds of years longer than we do now, I still think we'd complain over lack of time.
    I think life is more than long enough as long as we all live it doing what makes us happiest, otherwise 60 or 200 years you'll just end up with regrets and wishing for more time.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What I noticed about dying old people, those who think that life is long enough are the people who truly lived their life - they had fewer regrets and have done most if not all of what they wanted in life. Perhaps if we all lived that way, then our life expectancy wouldn't look too short. I'm looking at this question from a "not having enough time to do the things you want in life" angle, and not so much from a "not having enough time to understand life and all its mysteries" angle. For the latter, I assume our lives will always be never be enough if that is what we want to accomplish.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  5. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Absolutely not, I'd say. Judging by the fact that such a vast portion of humanities resources are spent in trying to save ourselves as much time as possible in our every day activities and necessities, there clearly isn't enough time in the world. If we didn't deteriorate and could choose to leave earth at a time we deemed fit, I dare say it'd dwarf the average life time for the vast majority. For all we know, this is it. The one and only show before we step off into oblivion and the state of nothing. If I could buy time, I'd break the bank.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Life is plenty long and everyone has more than enough time to do all the things they want to do. I think people waste too much time doing things they don't need to do. Take shaving for example. Let's say the average person spends 5 minutes a day shaving for 60 years. That's 76 days of your life spent on shaving. Think how much of your time is spent in the shower. At work. Etc.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I dunno, depends on what that life is like at age 200 verses 100. I mean if I'm stuck in a chair what's the point? Although I can see your point of wanting to be able to see more things come about but is that really the true reason though?

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't know how people can say life is too short, going on for 80+ years is a mighty long time in real-time.

9. Westy

Westy Registered Member

One day There will be no more poverty or life threatening illnesses, society will live in harmony which will result in there being no more day today stresses which will result in people living much longer than they do now. For the time being life is plenty long enough i feel, for the most part anyways.

Mirage likes this.
  10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Unfortunately we'll all be long gone when that day comes:(