Is life as simple as its made out to be?

Westy

Registered Member
Life is life i know that, and i wont lie to you i probably am the worst person to ask anyway. Even though i strive not to, i seem to make life as hard as it comes.
Given your circumstances are your lives as hard or harder, or do you just keep it simple to save all the troubles life can bring?

I wish i could.............Discuss?:rolleyes:

agphoenix

Everything goes.
I always end up making my life harder by thinking too much, or making mountains out of molehills.

Plus, troubles will always come back around if you ignore them anyway so....

I don't think I have that great a say on the matter either way so I just do what I have to do and hope for the best. Even the most seemingly safe routes often have one of life's goons waiting around the corner with a novalty cream pie and banana skin. As Stephen Hawking famously once said in 1603, "you've got to roll with the punches".

Westy

Registered Member
I don't think I have that great a say on the matter either way so I just do what I have to do and hope for the best. Even the most seemingly safe routes often have one of life's goons waiting around the corner with a novalty cream pie and banana skin. As Stephen Hawking famously once said in 1603, "you've got to roll with the punches".
Stephan hawkins, aint he still alive? Make him over 400yrs old lol!!:nod:

Life is what you make it!

I used to think life was difficult when I was younger, but I also thought driving was difficult till I masterered it!

When I was younger I would get so angry with life's difficulties then I realised that was only because I was letting others influence my perspective of what life should be and what I should be. Then I stopped. I am not a sheep and never have been.

I developed the attitude of live and let live. I learnt to go around the brick wall instead of trying to tear it down. I let my boat float down steam instead of battling with currents.

If you dare to think for yourself and go against the grain people will try to label you as crazy, but so what I'm the one with the smile on my face. They are only trying to make you conform to the dictations that they follow so that they can feel more comfortable in themselves.

I try not to intentionally harm anyone, but do my own thing. To peoples criticism I have a simple reply..."And?".

One of my most used phrases is...

"Everybody thought Gallileo was crazy when he said the world was round, but he was just right!"

PrincessWendy05

Registered Member
Even though i strive not to, i seem to make life as hard as it comes.

Join the club.

Since when is life is made out to be simple?

Thats the thing, it Isnt. Life sucks, and then you die. God bless Jacob Black. Life isnt meant to be simple. You wanna know a clue to prove that? You never escape it alive.

wooly

I am the woolrus
for me, life is as simple as it gets! i don't let anything stress me over the edge, i don't worry about where my life is going, how i can achieve this and that etc.

life can be uber simple! but people overcomplicate it with negativity, material desires, worrying about what people think of them and how they can 'improve' themselves, always striving to be ahead of the game in this supposed 'dog eat dog' world. all it takes is a little optimism and less thinking about the past and the future, the present is much more fun :D

now i do understand that for some people life can't be simple. disabilities, mental problems, depression, tragedy, turbulent family situations etc. but it IS possible to have as simple a life as you desire even with these factors present. I've overcome more than one of these problems and am now as happy as a very contented lamb.

i'm also a little drunk so if that's all rambling.... whoops :p

Emmana

Registered Member
If your life is simply happy why would you need to imbibe alcohol to the point of inebriation? It is a simple fact that those who truly are comfortable in their skins have no need to get away from themselves.

JAdams

Registered Member
They're as simple or complicated as you make them to be, I think.

I mean, I have it pretty easy. I have an easy college schedule, I'm not doing much, yet if I decide to volunteer for this and that, join that club, play this sport, then my life will be extremely complicated.

I guess this is why most people stress out because they put too much than they really need.