Is Kim Jong il Dead?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Is Kim Jong il dead?

Recently there have been rumors that he has been dead since 2003 and that the current "Kim Jong il" is simply his body double who assumed his identity after his death.

He is rarely seen but some known facts about him didn't add up to Japan university professor Toshimitsu Shigemura, who wrote a book "The True Character of Kim Jong il". This lead to some of these rumors.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...as-replaced-by-lookalike-says-waseda-profesor

LIVENEWS.com.au > World > Is Kim Jong Il dead?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I liked the comment after the article:

I don't know if I'll buy the theory that he's dead. If he were, wouldn't they be building a (living) successor already in those five years and pretend that he'll just soon retire and ready to turn over?

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

he can't possibly have been dead since 2003......

i mean... he had a starring role in team america!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The first link has more information. It takes longer to load though but it does raise a lot of red flags.

It's almost as if the current dictatorship wants to give the impression to the people of North Korea that Kim is immortal, and will continue to live on. The people there are taught to believe that he is God.

5. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

Man if he was dead since 2003, wow they did a hell of a job keeping the news from leaking out. It is North Korea though, nothing really comes in or out of that place.
    I like South Korea, just thought i'd add that for some reason.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Didn't a similar thing happen to Castro?

I don't believe he's dead either. He's probably too ill to lead and having others stand in for him telling them what to do, perhaps?

7. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

If thats true, then like Castro it could be a sign he's in poor health.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I just thought of something: there were North Korean athletes at the Olympics. Had none of them thought about running away at the end of the games?

9. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

If China is in the habit of sending refugees back to NK then probably not, although if the press got a hold of it, that would be a massive shit storm.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Damn, guess you can't depend on either country to do anything for you.