Is John Cena turning Heel?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you believe Cena started a slow transition of turning into a heel?

On Raw, perhaps the biggest factor was that the announcers played on the idea that this was a "different" John Cena. Hell, Cena himself played the character differently. Usually, we've seen the very bland face Cena just beat someone up with an F-U. He showed that there's something that's getting to him, which will in my opinion be the catalyst for his eventual heel turn.

Thoughts?

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I wouldn't be suprised, it would lift the WWE ratings very highly.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Seemed like same ole Cena to me out there. He just beat down Jericho a little more this time around. He did the same old inspirational speech deal to get people on his side and some bought into it and some didnt. I'd be shocked if he goes heel anytime soon.

4. padd

padd Registered Member

I hate Cena, idk it's not his whole wigger gimmick and all, I just find he has an anoyying voice. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks he is below par on the mic. He is not convicing me with his speeches..

5. Millz

I totally disagree about his mic skills. I think he's one of the best going and could be an all time great when its all said and done. I just think its overdone and overblown on occasion. We get it, you fight for the fans; that's great.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to agree with Millz that he's good on the microphone, but the only thing is that sometimes he tries to be too funny, and it fails big time.

I think the WWE should turn him into a heel, and personally I think that's what their slowly doing. He'll be much easier to tell next week, but I have a slight feeling this is just a sign of things to come.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

I think both of you are being contradictary. The reason why I say he lacks mic skills is because he is over the top. Sure he has good material.. but hes boring. Its the same thing every week. Dont you dare compare him to the all time greats. He's like a comedian who always says the same things. It's like comparng Mike Anderson to Jerry Seinfeld.

8. Millz

I think you'll see Batista turn heel before you see Cena turn heel. Personally I think that's where their going with it...we shall see what happens. Cena tries to be corny funny because the kids love him and they love it...although the males hate him for it...he needs to cater to all parties.

He's not one of all time greats but I think he's on the way. Right now I think his promos are good but unfortunately its the same ole thing. If he switches it up more then he'll be on fire.