• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is it weird to have not had a serious relationship?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This is something that I do wonder about from time to time and its this:

Is it weird to not have had a long term relationship at a certain age? It has been a while since I have been in a relationship, well, a very long time actually since I have been in a relationship and to be honest looking around people I know very few people are. The longest relationship I have had from memory is 1 month at the most which is in my mind kind of sad and makes me wonder exactly what I am doing wrong.

This is not a sympathy thread, I don't want it and I don't need it but when I look around a lot of people in relationships aren't really all that happy...

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I don't think so. I'm in a similar boat, having never had a relationship longer than a month or so. I'm currently in a sort of "pre-dating stage with someone, but I think it's old-fashioned to say you need to be in a real relationship by x, you need to be married by x.

Starfire86

Registered Member
There's nothing wrong with it. Why be in a serious relationship before you're ready?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't worry about it at all because it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.

When the time is right it'll happen for you.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What about those people who have never been in any type of relationship? lol.
Are they weirder?

No. It really depends on what you're ready for and what you feel like doing. You decide when the right time is.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Like others have said, it's not a strange thing at all...relationships, whether just dating or forming an intimate bond, are very personal things. Like others have said, it's all about when the time is right and when the stars align, so to speak. When the right person comes along you'll be content with that. Don't worry about what has or hasn't happened before then, just enjoy life and be yourself.

You talked about being "at a certain age," gin. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
You talked about being "at a certain age," gin. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Sure not a problem, I am 27. I do wonder due to seeing a few of my friends getting married recently though in one case I think it was more because they felt they had too...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Having not been in a serious relationship by the age of 27 is not a big deal ginock.
I think it's pretty normal and there's nothing to worry about.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sure not a problem, I am 27. I do wonder due to seeing a few of my friends getting married recently though in one case I think it was more because they felt they had too...
I know how you feel, buddy. I'm 28...I've had a couple of relationships that went over 8 months, but I haven't had one in general in 10 years.

Just remember that everyone's life is different. My brothers got married in their 30s and are happy. A lot of friends are getting married at our ages (and I know Millz can probably reinforce that), but it doesn't mean that everyone is.

Whether you agree or disagree with your friend's choices isn't as important as supporting them (if they're safe, etc.). Your choices are what matter the most, and they're no one elses' but yours.