is it true?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by kknight0506, Oct 26, 2006.

1. kknight0506

kknight0506 Registered Member

There have been rumors floating that Google has been making somewhat similar payment service to Paypal. is it true or is just a rumour?

Nightsurfer likes this.

2. Plumley

Plumley Registered Member

Google Checkout is similar but not matching, since you can only transfer money to merchants and not to peers. Is that what you mean or is there something else happening?

Nightsurfer likes this.
  3. mynameisCat

mynameisCat Registered Member

I kind of worry about Google Checkout. As some industry types talked about when it came out, you sort of have to start wondering...how MUCH of my information do I really want one source to know about?

Google. The next monster, now that Microsoft has gotten smart about their PR.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  4. Plumley

I know what you mean. I've been trying to avoid Google Checkout. Giving information to one online payment service was bad enough. It does seem like they're empire building, just the way Microsoft was. I don't whether it's more scary or annoying. :shake:

5. kknight0506

i dont think its google checkout. its something else but exactly similar to paypal. cant remember the name at present

6. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

I don't know, but if you google for paypal alternative, you'll get quite a few results.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  7. kknight0506

if google does come out with something like paypal, am sure its going to be a huge hit considering its user base is very large in number as compared to paypal.

8. Plumley

Ok, the deal was too good to pass up, an additional discount on a purchase if I used Google checkout. So I did it. It was remarkably easy. Is this how they get you hooked? :)

9. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Is Google trying to take over the internet world, or does it just seem like it? Seems like they're putting their fingers into everything lately. I don't know that I'd use another payment service or not. I'm pretty comfortable with PayPal and don't want to change.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  10. kknight0506

but for those, who are not very satisfied with paypal ,would surely give a try to other options of paying.