Is it True?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

A friend of mine sent me this today. I find it almost amazingly true. See how fast you can read it.

"Aoccdrnig to rseearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are in; the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef, but rthaer the wrod as a wlohe."

Hoosier.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I read that senctence like it was nothing wrong with it. I heard that analogy a long time ago. It's pretty amazing how your mind works. I actually forgot about it though thanks for reminding me about it Hoosier. I wonder if other people knew about it?

3. Blur

Blur iPimp

holy crap

LMAO

that was so easy

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Yeah theres a part of your brain that controls recognition process, (I learned all about this in pyschology) but basically your brain associates the length of the word and the first and last letters of the word, and automatically puts it in place, so you'll read "LETTERS" but really it's "ltteers"

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I've read it so many times that I get the gist of it, and the amazingness has worn off.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Yeah. I saw that a while ago, but it is pretty cool. Gotta love wierd crap like this.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Thats so easy to read
    And how easy does your brain work

Thats really interesting

8. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

I read that so easily that it wasn't even funny. But I like this little tibit of info though, never seen it before and now I have and shall never forget about it either...well for a time that is >>; Hhhhmmm....my brain has more functions than I thought >>;

9. Aseldo

Aseldo Guest

I couldnt read it :(.

Ok im kidding I could ^_^!
    Pretty cool.

~Aseldo

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Well it's also a double-edged mental sword. Often I miss words that appear similar (realty-reality for example) because my brain DOESN'T read the whole word, and makes assumptions that are often untrue.

Kaz