Is it time for MVP to get a push?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

So MVP was always really impressive, even since his debut...at least in my mind. Good on the mic and in the ring...I still look back and remember what a great feud he had with Kane so soon after starting in the WWE.

Lately, like many WWE wrestlers, he's been lost in the shuffle. Some say he's even grown stale.

Is it time for Montel Vontavious Porter to get his push in the WWE?

If yes, how should it happen? MITB victory and title shot/run? IC Title run? Just a well done feud with a high profile superstar?

And if you think it should happen, do you think a heel turn should be involved? Would that help with the "stale" aspect?

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

He was better as a heel imo, so a heel turn would be nice. He's very dull as a face. I'd say have him interfere in a championship match or something, thus creating a feud between himself and some high profile superstar to try and get him more over like back in the day.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

MVP's situation reminds me of Carlito's to be honest. He's stale and he's a horrible face.

I'd turn him heel. When he was a heel on Smackdown he was the best thing going and was the next in line for the huge push. Now he's boring crap that nobody cares about anymore. I dont know what happened or why they de-pushed him but I fear he'll never get up to that level ever again.

4. Unity

Haha I think Vince's early pushing has you guys worried that other wrestlers won't get to that level; it's still possible for it to be after several years in the business, like normal superstars lol.

I disagree that he's a bad face Millz, totally. He had some great face time when he had just turned...the issue is with the lack of storylines and depth given to him by the writers. He's good enough to thrive as a heel or a face. And he's nowhere near getting let go like Carlito. Even in his current state he's a solid performer and over with fans.

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

He is a solid performer no doubt, but as the years go by, he will plummet into obscurity.

It's sad to see what he's become as a face, he will never get to the next level as a face. Let's just look at the crowd reaction when he makes his entrance, no one cares =/ even his balling thingo he does is boring.....but yeah that's up for debate I guess, everyone has their opinion.

Perhaps a change in his gimmick would get him over.

6. Unity

But what would you think if he was feuding, lets say, with a major heel? The problem with not reaching the "next level of facehood" is that he's always just in tag matches with random faces and never in a sustainable feud or title race.

Take him out of that cycle and face or heel he'll fly, man.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I can't remember one noteworthy win that MVP has ever had as a face. None. Zero. Maybe I'm forgetting something. He's a borderline jobber at this point in his career.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Referring him to Carlito is a great analogy, I was going to say Shelton Benjamin myself but either one can work.

MVP is extremely boring right now and he's a joke. I don't even know if a heel turn can save him at this point. Around two years ago I said that he might be champion worthy one day, but as of right now I don't believe so. He'll need a drastic change if he wants to change my opinion about him.

9. Unity

But again, what about my question...is it him, or the writing? If he would have gotten that big push against Randy Orton instead of Kofi, what would things be like now?

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it's a bit of both, it's not like MVP didn't have his chances. He had a thing going on with Orton and it just didn't work out like it did between Randy and Kingston.

There's a reason right that he's not getting a push after a strong start in the WWE. But we don't know what is the reason behind him being a jobber right now.

Maybe a new gimmick would help him out? Who knows!