Is it safe to say that Obama won this election?

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by viLky, Oct 27, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Within the pass month he has gained $150 million, is ahead in all the polls that I've seen (early voting), is ahead in the newspaper polls and even with all the ads running people are not getting tired of him. All the while McCain doesn't have enough funding, isn't leading in any polls that I've seen and is seemingly having problems with Palin.

I'm a Republican, but even I'll say Obama won this. Congrats.

2. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I'm afraid we can never be so sure of anything.

I wish I could say that Obama has won this for sure, but it's not a for sure thing at all. I really want this to be over and see who won!

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Oh ya I think he has, even some of the bookies are paying out now.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wish. I really do. But it'll be only safe to say after the election results point that out.

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

If I remember correctly last election Kerry was supposed to win it, he was up 10 points in the polls, it was supposed to be a landslide blah blah blah... It's all media hype. It's not over til it's over. There is a strong silent conservative/moderate base in this country as we learned from the last election.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

God I hope not.

I don't want higher taxes :(

Mirage likes this.
  7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

You must make over $250k if you're afraid of that. congrats. lucky you.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Actually Kerry ran a weak campaign I dont remember any analyst saying it would be a landside. I just remember it being close and usually the incumbent wins in close elections.

There are more registered Democrats than Republicans and Independents. The problem is Demos don't vote.

I think Obama is going to steamroll McCain.

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I always say wait until all the votes are counted, we don't want another Dewey defeats Truman. If I had to bet though, I'd say Obama mainly because of the economic situation. Historically America scapegoats the party in power at the time when the economy is in bad shape.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Even if its the party that caused the problem to begin with... people have no hindsight what so ever :shake: Sad really.