Is it really THAT important!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyeler, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Tyeler

Tyeler Registered Member

People care way too much about what others think, and about fitting in with others. Why do people think it's so important? People I know cause themselves bodily harm just to fit in with others. They become bulemic, and do drugs JUST so people will accept them. Why try so hard? If people can't like you for you, why do any of that? It seriously ISN'T worth it! All those popular people grow up losing everything in the end, why do people want to be like them, or be accepted by them? Is it really THAT important!?

2. garret

garret SEMPER PI Bitch! Always P

no it is no that damn important to fit in with someone. just be yourself like you already do.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I really don't care what most people think about me, makes life much easier.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i tried to fit in in junior high but once i got in high school and was accepted for who i was i realized its better to be yourself and if people don't like you for who you are then its their loss.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It's one of those things people will always question. I don't see it ever changing because there's too much peer pressure.

6. toasty525

toasty525 New Member

hmm you should allways be your self, what else is there to be ? but it can be hard and i speak from experience just try your best to be your self

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Turbo and Altanzitarron like this.
  8. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Did it ever occur to you that some people just like to do drugs regardless if their friends do them or not?.. lol j/p..

But yea I think it's lame how people act differently and do things they don't normally do just to fit into a particular group..
    :-/

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I care about what other people think. I can't help it. It won't bother me to the point of causing eating disorders or committing suicide, but yeah...I'll take some things into consideration.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

^^^^^ so this is where all the misfits hangout^^^^^

:wacko: :drool::saddam::w00t::1eye::spin:

When someone likes you for what you are it is uncomprehensivly more satisfying than being liked for someone you are not.

Some people just like attention, they like to feel important, they enjoy getting noticed. It has become more prevalent with the arrival of myspace, bebo, facebook etc.... where what should be social networking becomes a popularity fair.

Youtube is guilty of it too, people post little tributes of themselves in the hope that people will compliment them, they usually get all upset when people dont!

Unless its a girl I am interested in giving me admiration for my rugged good looks:D and desirable personality:D:D then I take little amenity from compliments, they usually do the opposite and make me feel awkward as I value function more than aesthetics and as cold hearted as it sounds, I dont really care if they think I look good or am acting cool, for as long as I feel good and am acting natural then all is well in the world with me.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008