Is it really horrible to retract a bid?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Nanner, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

and if not then how do you do it? I've never even considered it in the past but I have a bid on some tkts that ends in like 5 hours. I have found that the ones I already have are actually better seats. (extended stage that I didn't know about before) More than likely I'll take my chances and keep the ones I have and relist the new ones...if I win. Worked hard for my 100% feedback and don't want to mess it up with a bid retraction.

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

You could try emailing the seller and asking him to cancel the bid, although I'm not sure if it could be done with such little time left.

Nanner, are you the one who bid on my auction?

3. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

That would be me :) I couldn't stand the jerk who wrote you the first question getting away with being the only one on your Q/A.

Plus I'm a trying to quit for many many years smoker..... :( :( :( My Mother had lung cancer, recovered and later died of another type. Your nephews picture hit home. I couldn't bid much but hope it gets the ball rolling!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You can't retract a bid within the last 12 hours unfortunately..

If the seller won't cancel your bid (which they can do up until the end of the auction), then I would suggest just paying for it and not risking a negative. :(

And wolvergambit, you know you can reply to questions without posting them on your listing right? That's one I personaly would have ignored. What a jerk.

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Yeah I've decided to just live with whatever the auction ends up at. If I win I'll just have to decide which set of tickets to sell. Hopefully I can get enough back to pay for the higher price of the auction tkts. I did email the next highest bidder (who is only like 50 cents below me) and tell him that I won't be bidding anymore. No matter what I'll for sure buy them if I happen to win and then sweat out my own auction :)

6. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Thank you for doing that for me. I hope you can quit smoking, it would be so much better for you. My mother died of colon cancer. My condolances to you for your mother.

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Thank you. For my daughters sake I hope I can too....tried so many times in the past but that little face and she's getting old enough to know what I'm doing tells me it's time to quit "TRYING" and start "DOING"! Plus I don't smoke in the house since she's been born or in the car. It has really become a pain! My condolances to you also for not only your mother but all your losses.

YES!!!!!! I was outbid with 2 min to go!!!! The guy I emailed (the high bidder after me) took them! WHEW! I was working on the auction I was going to list to sell the other pair with 7 min to go and saw my email count go up one. First time I've ever been happy to see that outbid notice! :D That'll teach me to not bid if I'm not 100% sure I want it! :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005