Is it OK for men to cry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RJ-Cool, Jun 12, 2010.

1. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Some people say it reflects/shows weakness, others say it exposes his sensitive side.

Is it OK for men to cry?
    If "no" Why?
    If "yes".......When is it acceptable for men to cry?

2. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

Yes, of course it's ok for men to cry. It's ok for men to cry whenever it's ok for women to cry. Why did society decide that "boys don't cry"?

Oh, I don't cry. But not because I shouldn't cry.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It's OK for anyone to cry. Personally it makes me cry when I see a man cry because they look so vulnerable.

RJ-Cool likes this.
  4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always found this question a bit senseless [this is not directed at the author of the thread].
    I've always said it, we cry and we laugh. We can't do without any of them. Given that we're all humans, it's good to try both of those feelings.
    So, crying is part of our emotions - whether we're men or women.

It has nothing to do with weakness, it has to do with man's sensitivity...and I love it when a man cries. [not that I want to see people cry, I just like the fact that a man cries because it shows a beautiful part of him.]

It's ignorant to think that men are weak if they cry.

RJ-Cool, Bananas and idisrsly like this.
  5. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

it is not okay to cry in prison.

AnitaKnapp and Wade8813 like this.
  6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Yes, I don't see why Men aren't allowed. I guess it's the way Society has it structured.

RJ-Cool likes this.
  7. maracudja

maracudja Registered Member

yes!so why do we hear again parents telling their boys?"you're not going to cry! you are a men!!!"

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Sure it's ok. I'm not a real emotional guy but I'll cry every now and then.

The last time I cried was just recently, I went to see Dear John (it was a chick-flick I know which I hate) and the part that made me cry was

the scene in the hospital when John is reading the letter to his dad. I sat there crying. As soon as we got out of the theater I called my dad just to hear his voice

RJ-Cool likes this.
  9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't cry often either, but I do cry from time to time when I go to a funeral of a close relative or if I watch an emotional movie. I think I get it from my mother, since she's a very emotional person.

10. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

This.
    I don't see why there should ever be a need for anyone to NOT cry. I also love it when a man cries (although it makes me cry as well). A man crying shows him at his most vulnerable and I actually find it to be very attractive. It's one of the most honest emotions any person could show and should not be denied for anyone!

RJ-Cool likes this.