• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is it against eBay rules to....

Nanner

Registered Member
write to a seller and tell them you'd be intereted in something if it doesn't sell? I'm talking about concert tkts where they have them for sale at really inflated prices. Quite a few have ended with no buyers and I'd like to write the sellers and offer them a price. Can I do this and not get in trouble?

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I think you can email them but the sale has to go through eBay say as a BIN private auction. Might want to check with LiveHelp :)

TGirl

Registered Member
yeah it is against ebay rules to do this outside the Auction house...BIG NO NO....they would have to sell them to you through ebay....although I have had people ask me to do it with my stuff....but if you ask someone for private sales...they can turn you in and you would be cut off...not worth it...
becareful....

~Trina~

wolvergambit

Registered Member
I've done this often and have had it done to me.
What I would do is to ask for them to list it with a buy it now price and then you can go in any buy it immediately.

Nanner

Registered Member
I see now that one has relisted for the same price (cost them about 120 bucks, with fees, for 2 tkts). The list and BIN price are 450. One has relisted starting at 150 but has almost 6 days left so I'll watch that one. Still one person that hasn't relisted. I'll contact them about a possible BIN. I'll pay xtra cuz it's sold out but I'm NOT paying 445 for 120 tkts!!! Oh well concert isn't until Aug so hopefully more will show up if the person doesn't want what I'm willing to pay.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I dont know what the concert is but, in lots of cases if too mant tix are on the internet you can get them real cheap when the show gets close (within a couple days) I've bought and sold tix on ebay and so have also sold "off ebay" when auction ended. I didnt know that wasnt allowed. Hmmm, shouldn't be any of there business what we do when an auction ends. If I list my car in the paper and it doesnt sell...I can still put the sign in the window and sell it that next week. How is this any different? Unless you ask someone to end early for you. That would be wrong.