Is Internet Explorer Your Default Browser?

Is Internet Explorer Your Default Browser?

• Yes, and I like it that way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but just because it's most popular.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, I'm just too lazy to change LOL.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, I prefer a different browser.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • What's a browser?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leopard22

Registered Member
My default browser is Internet Explorer, mostly because anything I do for the web is probably going to be seen most by users of IE, so I like to build pages and write for IE.

Although everyone raves about FireFox, I don't even want to go there because I'm afraid I won't want to come back to IE ;)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's true, you won't want to come back to IE. ;)

I had the same worry for the longest time, but finally got sick of viruses and popups and downloaded FireFox as a secondary browser. I used them both for a while, and kind of worked myself into using FireFox more and more until finally I built a new computer system and decided it was time for cold turkey.

I installed FireFox right off the bat and set it as my default. I've used it 99% of the time since and can't go back. I always code my pages for IE AND FireFox now because I want them to look the same for both users. Plus FireFox has support for better effects than IE such as transparent .PNG images. I'm hoping IE7 allows this too.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
My default browser at home and work is currently Firefox. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. I also like it for coding pages, because Firefox shows the page exactly as it is coded. IE shows you what it thinks you are trying to do. So just because works in IE, does not mean that it will work in Firefox.

Julie

Registered Member
My browser is IE. Haven't tried anything else, and don't know if I will. Hubby is so Old-School it's not even funny. He likes things to stay the way they are. If I put in a new browser, he'd be complaining for the next month or so about trying to get used to it. So I just leave it the way it is, and I don't have to hear no complaining!:lol:

Albey

Registered Member
I am just plain ol to lazy to change. I guess i prolly should switch to firefox or moz. But i code my sites for IE so thats another reason.

leopard22

Registered Member
Maybe I'll have to check Firefox out and take the risk that I become an addict. But, like Albey, I've been known to hang on to the old just because of inertia .... still have my first computer and boot it up occasionally just to see if it still works (it does ... a quarter of a century later!), even though I have to load any program I want to use from ancient floppies.

hungry

Registered Member
I am currently using both because some websites wern't available with IE. patches everywhere ,firefox just seems to work without all the patches and upgrades.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Internet Explorer is a lot slower and has a lot more problems than firefox does the only good thing about internet explorer is the fact that it is built into windows, firefox is certainly safer for your computer and there are definitely less viruses, I top off firefox with the free version of lavasoft adaware to keep my computer completely virus safe.

Firefox is the best. (though they could get a new icon soon they've had this current one for years.)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
FireFox isn't' perfect, but it has a speed advantage over IE for sure. It's even better when you add AdBlock and FasterFox. I just wish they would fix the memory leak that has been around since they first crated the browser. It's kind of annoying to have to restart it randomly because it sucks up 200+ MB of your RAM.