Is Iams bad for dogs?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by psp_dude52, Dec 18, 2009.

1. psp_dude52

psp_dude52 New Member

I was once told by a pet store worker that iams is really bad for dogs and that is the reason why he is always vomiting. then another pet store worker said that its harmless. everybody seems to have different opinions. could u help me out and let me no the truth about iams? thanks:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

If your dog is vomiting all the time, then you should probably take him to the vet and let the vet diagnose why he is vomiting. A pet store worker is not qualified to give an opinion like that.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

In short, I've heard mixed reviews. Just like with every product on the market I suppose.

As Jeanie said, please take your dog to the vet if he's vomiting.

(You could just try switching the brand of dog food that you are using and see if it helps, but if it were my pet I'd take it to the vet anyway)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It could be that your dog can be allergic to something in the food. It has happened to my dog. I went with Iams sister brand Eukanuba and my dog has not vomit since.

5. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

IAMS isn't the best dog food out there by a long shot. But it shouldn't cause your dog to vomit. Take your dog to the vet, and discuss foods with him/her.