• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is Globalization a Positive or Negative Force?

Is Globalization a Positive or Negative Force?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The title pretty much says it all, but I'm curious to know what you guys believe. Is it a positive or negative force?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I say positive. It gives us a chance to help the less fortunate in other places...where in the past their pleas for help may have gone unheard. It also creates the opportunity for the meaningful sharing of culture and ideas. A "global community," even if as a small idea, helps people find ways to come together instead of finding more ways to wage war and foster old hatred.

And yes, it's possible to still have independent nations in a world that does recognize a "global community." I don't by into all of that "new world order" fear-mongering, conspiracy-theory B.S.
------
Also, you might want to re-word the poll, Biz.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It's both. It's a positive in that it adds competition and allows consumers to get better products cheaper and negative for those that are unable to adapt.

konboye

Registered Member
Definitely positive, facilitates everything that its integrated with. From education, commerce, development, information etc. Wasn't for globalisation, Africa wouldn't be where it is today. Individually, getting the relevant information and the right services has been made easy. So its a blessing.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
What if the One World government is Islamic and we all live under Sharia Law? Then is Globalization positive? There would be limitations on Jesus, Christmas wouldn't be a global holiday, women would be subjected to rape and fgm.

konboye

Registered Member
What if the One World government is Islamic and we all live under Sharia Law? Then is Globalization positive? There would be limitations on Jesus, Christmas wouldn't be a global holiday, women would be subjected to rape and fgm.
Don't you think you are getting pretty obsessed with Islam? Its just globalisation, not religious globalisation.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Its both. To summarize:

Pros:

- Progress of technology, science and overall knowledge about a variety of subjects regardless of its global location
- Consolidation and streamlining of certain economies
- Easier branching of business and easy access to commodities, entertainment and other products.
- Immigration
- Leisure and travel

Cons:

- Loss of cultural identity and authenticity
- unbalanced economy, many times due draining resources of several locations in favor of a single one, playground for politics shenanigans
- Bigger Corporation reach
- If one core economy fails will automatically trigger the domino effect, bringing other nations with it
- Immigration
- Media and press becomes the world's most influential superpower
- Faster paced societies lead to unfair priorities, leading to unbalanced and unhealthy life styles neglecting other, more relevant aspects that require time. Inevitably, degeneration.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
It's both. It's a positive in that it adds competition and allows consumers to get better products cheaper and negative for those that are unable to adapt.
You make it sounds as though money is all that matters. If that's the case, then it's negative.

As for those who are unable to adapt, are they really given a chance to adapt if money is all that matters?

konboye

Registered Member
You make it sounds as though money is all that matters. If that's the case, then it's negative.

As for those who are unable to adapt, are they really given a chance to adapt if money is all that matters?
In life generally, nobody gives you the chance to do something, you have to take it by yourself. So, trying to justify your failure by saying you never had the chance is unacceptable. The positives of globalization trumps the negatives, so that type of reasoning is what is going to make your business fail in the first place.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
In life generally, nobody gives you the chance to do something, you have to take it by yourself. So, trying to justify your failure by saying you never had the chance is unacceptable. The positives of globalization trumps the negatives, so that type of reasoning is what is going to make your business fail in the first place.
I'm referring more to workers who are not given a voice. If you're an average worker making minimum wage or slightly more, you can't really "take" a voice; you have no chance to be heard no matter how loudly you speak up.