• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is electronic voting the way of the future?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is electronic voting the way of the future? If a secure platform were developed to allow for people to vote through SMS on their phones, for example, would you support it?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Electronic voting, yes, the way we do it today. But using the phones? I don't think it has reached that kind of security to guarantee that the person using the phone is perfectly identified and no chances of misuse or misvote there. Maybe they will develop first a system where you can pay via your phone (not just being able to do it with web apps and via credit card, but it is the phone account itself that pays). If they master that security enough, then it is closer to getting secure for voting purposes. :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I wish it was already the way of the present. I hate election times when you have to go out to some Public venue and wait in massive queues just to vote.