is Curtis Martin done?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by R.Lewis_52, Aug 11, 2006.

1. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

There are a number of theories being floated about Curtis Martin's status. One is that he's not getting better and could be done. Another is that the Jets are trying to protect him from the rigors of Eric Mangini's grueling camp. Another is that Martin simply needs some more rest before playing. If Martin is not going to be well enough to handle the load again, it's possible the Jets will look outside the organization for help.

-- New York Post

i think that he needs to rest cause of his age and coming out of an injury, he is a great RB when healthy is to bad that he dint brake the 1,000 mark last year

2. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I think he's done now, he's old and he needs to know when to finally finish. Bettis retired at the right time, hopefully he will soon too.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Curtis Martin is not that old just to let you guys know. He's had an amazing carreer and I have a feeling that it's not quite over now. He might not be a dominant force like he once was but he can still put up descent numbers. Will have to wait and see I guess.

4. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Who is the backup running back for the Jets?

5. Babe_Ruth

Just to let you guys know Curtis Martin is only 33 years old so he's not that old. I know runnning backs don't really last that long but I am sure he can still play. I don't quite know about that question Forbidden I think he's to be determined. If I am wrong could please correct me.

6. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Bettis was about 34 when he retired, so if Curtis wants to have another good season, he better do it this one because based on the way Bettis and others career's have went he doesn't have much time left.

7. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

hes done, they even traded for suggs today

8. JAZZNC

JAZZNC Guest

It seems that Curtis is done atleast for this season. He has no cartilage left in his knee. Im' a Jets fan and it's truly sad to see his career end like this. He's a class act and has been one of the most productive backs in NFL history. Last year was the only year he failed to rush for 1000+ yards. I don't really see why we traded for Suggs, he's really no more proven than any of the backs that we have. I wish we would have given the young guys a chance to show what they are made of. The backups are Cedric Houston, Blaylock, and Washington (rookie). Hopefully we can make this RB by commitee work.

9. Babe_Ruth

The Suggs trade as been held back because Suggs didn't pass the physichal. Should be interesting to see if the trade will go threw. There's no official word that Curtis Martin career is over so let's not all say he's done. Even if maybe the writting is on the wall for him.

10. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

They say martin does have any fluids in has leg so it's bone on bone that way worst then arthritis.