Is coffee really that bad?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Dali, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I am addicted to coffee, if I don't have any coffee for a few hours I crave it really bad, I am on about 8 coffee's a day now. Stupid question, is it really that bad for me and are there any bad effects of drinking too much coffee? I love my coffee and I would be really sad if it were to be taken away from me lol!

Any other coffee addicts here?

Hazel Xx

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Well its the caffeine that is the side effect. That's what you're addicted to. Too much of it can give you heart palpitations and elevated blood pressure but you'd have to be prone to it first. It's just like sodas with all the caffeine.

I never liked the stuff myself. LOVE the smell of regular plain ole coffee but can't stand the taste of it. I stick to my Dr. Pepper.

3. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

Coffee is great if you drink it reasonably and not constantly. It's a great study tool and to help you feel away in the morning.

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Nope, nope, not bad at all...:hyper:

I usually have one or two cups of black coffee a day. When I was running a lot, I would eat a tablespoon of instant coffee grounds and take an aspirin about 15 minutes before I headed out.
    Great energy booster!

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

right here, dude. 24 oz a day, minimum

you just SAY coffee and i crave it

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

:hyper: I'm a Java Junkie. :hyper: [​IMG] I drink about 2 pots or more a day.[​IMG] Give me Coffee or give me Death!

[​IMG]

7. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Only a couple problems with drinking allot of coffee, one thing is the caffeine rush suppresses your hunger so you have boosted energy while lacking the nutrition to feed the loss of calories which may sound good if you want to loose a few lbs but is bad for brain and organ health.

Plus what is true with all stimulants is the addiction state, your body becomes reliant on that boost so when you don't get the stimulation you will feel tired and you can get "caffeine head aches.

All effects are pretty minor but I would recommend keeping an eye on your average usage since at reasonable amounts most people don't feel any side effects.