• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is April a good month to visit the beach?

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I'm hoping to take a couple of friends to South Padre Island (Texas) at the end of April for the mere fact that before April 30 rates will be almost half of what they will be afterwords. Is the water still going to be too cold in April? Is it a bad time to go?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I assume South Padre Island will be pretty warm then. The water will probably be colder than it would be in late summer, but it would feel good on a hot day. It's a big spring break destination. People wouldn't go there if they couldn't swim.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
It should be fine even now. I live about an hour from there. I'm sure it will be fine on April 30th.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I would go, easily. It should be plenty warm down there in April.

I'm actually kind of jealous. PA is cold still.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I assume South Padre Island will be pretty warm then. The water will probably be colder than it would be in late summer, but it would feel good on a hot day. It's a big spring break destination. People wouldn't go there if they couldn't swim.
Very good call on the spring break thing. That pretty much clears it up.

It should be fine even now. I live about an hour from there. I'm sure it will be fine on April 30th.
No shit? I currently live in Ft.Worth. You should meet my friends and I at SP. I don't know where we will be staying yet, but I will disclose that we will probably be all kinds of un-sober. I don't know what your thing is, so I thought I'd inform you in my invitation!