• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Is anybody there to help me?

Alan

Registered Member
Is anyone interested in sharing their Parenting experience? I have a 4 year old kid and what the problem is whenever she is angry she starts throwing the things away.(since she knows very well that i get irritated easily when she does this) So how to get rid of this bad habit or how i could make her to realize that what she is doing is really bad?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not giving in is the first step. Teach her that if she throws a fit she definitely won't get what she wants but maybe will also get to sit in the corner for a while or whatever. No TV for the rest of the day, or pick something else she likes and take it away for a bit if she misbehaves?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Don't let her see that it agitates you, and explain that it's bad that she does what she does. Don't give a punishment, but repeat this process. Try showing agitation towards something she does that doesn't agitate you, and see if she moves her focus to that.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Actually, it's not. It's, I believe, stimulus generalization. Don't quote me on that, though. I know for sure it's not reverse psychology.