Is America weird?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Dragon, May 1, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Don't get me wrong but I love America and not putting America down in anyway. Are we making America look bad by putting weird and strange things on Ebay? I don't think so. Just a creative way to make money. I thought all these weird and strange auctions are listed world wide.

This was an email I just got a few minutes ago:
    Hi I was curious if there's another reason then putting a smile on ebay-users faces to put hillarious ads on ebay ? It's funny but I was just wondering. I'm from Europe and all the ads are serious over here you see. Carry on !

The auction I have on ebay is for a monster in a can of cat food is what he is referring too.

Last edited: May 1, 2005

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I don't know why others do the auctions but for me its all about entertainment. We figure we can go to the movies for $40 for 2 hours of entertainment. But when we do an auction it takes hours to put it together. And days for the emails and everything else. Its usually about $20 to list so for half the price I am getting 500% more entertainment LOL

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I just looked on their ebay site and didn't see a weird stuff category so I guess that's why it's a little foreign to them.

4. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Whats so strange about a monster in a can of cat food ? don't ALL AMERICANS keep there monsters in cat food cans? HAHAHA! :lol:

5. mom_of_sixoxo

mom_of_sixoxo Registered Member

so THAT's why my cats act possessed sometimes -- they ATE their monsters! lol

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

We are not weird, everyone else is!!

7. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

I agree they are all weird. We are unique.