• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Divisive IRS "lost" Lois Lerner's Emails

dDave

V.I.P.
These guys are pros: Sources: Lois Lerner?s emails likely gone forever - Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com
The hard drives have been destroyed. At some point the truth will come out. It may be 10 years, but one day I think we'll see the emails or memos from the White House saying 'we need to punish these tea-baggers.'
I don't think they're gone forever.

Still, the fact that they're even claiming they're gone in the first place incriminates someone, I hope they're caught. It's impossible that this wasn't intentional.

How about the recipients of the Lois Lerner emails? There is absolutely 0 chance that they got rid of every email that could incriminate Lerner or other people. I think this calls for searching every single email sent within the IRS from everyone.

There is a way to get the emails, you cannot cover your digital tracks 100% in a system as big as the IRS's

Lois Lerner is guilty and I want to get my hands on the proof.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
These guys ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Wait until you hear how the Democrats questioned the IRS commissioner during Friday’s hearing | Video | TheBlaze.com

It almost sounds as if they are congratulating rather than asking legitimate questions. They aren't interested in the facts, you can tell just from what they're saying that they've already come to their own conclusions.
Its possible that the Democrat party may cease to exist in 10 years. Anyone that supports Democrats after this is a moron.
=====================

LiveLeak.com - Fireworks Erupt as Paul Ryan Blasts IRS Commissioner: 'I Don't Believe You' (comments)

At about the 1:00 minute mark the IRS douche admits that there are actually 7 hard drive crashed. Lerner and the 6 people in the loop on his all had a hard drive crash. Again, you're a moron if you believe this.

dDave

V.I.P.
Its possible that the Democrat party may cease to exist in 10 years. Anyone that supports Democrats after this is a moron.
=====================

LiveLeak.com - Fireworks Erupt as Paul Ryan Blasts IRS Commissioner: 'I Don't Believe You' (comments)

At about the 1:00 minute mark the IRS douche admits that there are actually 7 hard drive crashed. Lerner and the 6 people in the loop on his all had a hard drive crash. Again, you're a moron if you believe this.
It is really ridiculous. The IRS is in no way a phony scandal and they're playing it off as nothing more than a game.

What I like is that the Dems have come to their own conclusion that nothing happened and they're all over the Republicans for being of the opinion that something did happen. Kind of ironic.

Almost reminds me of the zero sum equation. We will get nowhere with this if the Democrats refuse to ask any legitimate questions or admit something scandalous may have happened.

dDave

V.I.P.
I literally just watched that one right before coming to this thread. Glad someone else saw it, he certainly deserved it.

It is pretty weird that the guy would claim there was no criminal activity that he saw when it's blatant that there is. He should have known that he couldn't claim to Gowdy that there was no criminal activity though, he's not an expert in the law. Luckily for him Gowdy is expert enough for the two of them :lol:

Honestly though, I kinda give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of being allowed to say "no criminal activity". It's an obvious lie but I do think he can say that even without a law degree.

I also viewed this one...
Darrell Issa vs Irs Commissioner John Koskinen HEATED Over Lois Lerner Missing Emails - YouTube

I want everyone involved in this to go to prison. How ridiculous is this? Is there a person out there that believes any of the bullcrap we've been told?

They still didn't tell us why they couldn't just recover the emails from Lerner's Hard Drive (or other drives that also apparently crashed). Retrieving information such as emails off of a crashed hard drive is easy for any IT expert which we all know the government has. It has to be intentional that we don't have the emails.

They have over $1,000,000,000 in their budget but they can't find the $10M-$30M to upgrade their servers? Storage space is cheap, so so cheap. I don't buy it. Even if that's really what happened I think it was intentional and planned out for stuff like this.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
My former employer and my current employer both have email backups and neither have a 2 billion dollar technology budget. This is 100% bullshit and only a mindless idiot would believe this garbage. Nixon resigned over 18 minutes of missing tape, here we have 2+ years of missing emails. At least he had the decency to leave, and his party didn't cover up for him and supported him leaving.

dDave

V.I.P.
My former employer and my current employer both have email backups and neither have a 2 billion dollar technology budget. This is 100% bullshit and only a mindless idiot would believe this garbage. Nixon resigned over 18 minutes of missing tape, here we have 2+ years of missing emails. At least he had the decency to leave, and his party didn't cover up for him and supported him leaving.
Somehow I don't think anybody (and I mean not one person) would have believed it if Nixon had claimed there was an error and the tape was simply unrecoverable. It was obvious then and it's obvious now.

Go watch Gowdy talk to Koskinen again and listen carefully. What gets me about that portion of the hearings is this. He never claims to not have any knowledge about criminal activity only that he has never "seen" any evidence of wrongdoing/criminal activity with respect to Lois Lerner's emails specifically, that's very different. Notice that he only uses "seen" (several times) when talking about Lerner's emails, otherwise his phraseology is very different. In other words he could have instructed someone else to handle covering stuff up and he's technically never "seen" it so what he said was true from a very specific (and wrong) point of view.

He doesn't know what criminal wrongdoing is, for all we know he's defining wrongdoing in his own way. This guy has donated almost $100,000 to Democratic groups and is clearly not a fan of conservatives at all. This guy is a dirt bag and he's obviously not telling the whole truth like he swore he would, especially when you hear his comments about having supplied (or will supply) all of the emails (he specifies that he never said he would supply lost emails... pathetic, absolutely pathetic). Done nothing wrong? Dude, somebody clearly covered this up, there is no other explanation.

I wish he was up against a jury, they would draw a negative inference on this one for sure.

Here's a question. Even if the hard drives were truly unrecoverable, where are the hard copies? The IRS is required, by law, to keep printed copies of every single email sent. Why do they not have those?

We need as much action as possible on this right now. The longer this takes the more time they have to cover it up. We didn't hear about these lost emails 6 months ago because they still had them and were in the process of erasing them thoroughly.

Koskinen is not cooperating at all and he's making this investigation very hard. I hope they are able to get to the bottom of this and part of me hopes that Koskinen is shown to somehow be involved in all of this before the end, dude definitely deserves to go down with the ship.