• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Divisive IRS "lost" Lois Lerner's Emails

dDave

V.I.P.
Convenient: IRS Has 'Lost' Two Years of Lois Lerner's Emails - Katie Pavlich

Well, well, well, isn't that just all too convenient?

It's as clear as day that they have something to hide. It wouldn't make sense for them to want to cover up what we already know was happening, would it? Are they maybe trying to hide something else that's even worse?

Of course, knowing the NSA they probably have a copy, maybe we ought to call them?

Every single person involved in this not only deserves to be fired but prosecuted as well, this is absurd.

Something tells me Lois Lerner deserves to be in prison for the rest of her life, that will give her time to sort out just how wrong all of this was.

One of many scandals to mar Obama's administration.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
It's called hiding crap they don't want us to see. They have been "investigating" it for how long now? And suddenly, oh by the way, we can't find all of these emails, and we didn't feel the need to mention this before. Right. This smells like **** and we need a dedicated prosecutor to dig in to every detail of what she did and find out what is being hidden. Someone's ass should be in jail. Probably a lot of people's asses actually.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like to me someone deleted a bunch of emails. I think congress should have this investigated. That is if they don't want everyone to think that congress or the president ordered the IRS to do this.

Yea just ask the NSA, I'm sure they know what was in them.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

dDave

V.I.P.
Veteran IT Professional Gives Six Reasons Why the IRS’ Claim That It ‘Lost’ Two Years of Lois Lerner’s Emails Is ‘Simply Not Feasible’ | TheBlaze.com

Here's the plan:
  • Repeat the lie over and over.
  • Call the Tea-Party racist.
  • Stall.
  • After 6 months when you are forced to testify admit you deleted them.
  • Call it old news and Republicans are on a witch hunt.
  • Find some obscure reference to Bush and say that he did the same thing.
Works every time.
It really is that simple.

The media worked tirelessly to brand the Tea Party as a bunch of extremists that hate all minorities and liberals. With the things they said you'd think they were militant, it's ridiculous.

Some people trust politicians so much that they will believe anything that is said. It's totally beyond me why anyone would trust most of the people in Washington on anything that they say.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
IRS Has Lost More E-mails . . . | National Review Online

Here's even more on this. Part for me wishes I was surprised, but I'm really not.

Do they honestly think we are this stupid? Maybe we are as a whole. Maybe not. Let's see if we can weed out some of the filth this midterm or not.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Veteran IT Professional Gives Six Reasons Why the IRS’ Claim That It ‘Lost’ Two Years of Lois Lerner’s Emails Is ‘Simply Not Feasible’ | TheBlaze.com

Here's the plan:
  • Repeat the lie over and over.
  • Stall.
  • After 6 months when you are forced to testify admit you deleted them.
  • Call it old news and Republicans are on a witch hunt.
  • Find some obscure reference to Bush and say that he did the same thing.
Works every time.
Yep, this has been the strategy employed since January 20, 2009, and it's worked so well thus far.

I call bullshit on these emails being lost or a hard drive crashing or whatever. It's just part of the stalling tactic and in a few months they'll start again about how the Republicans keep pursuing these "phony scandals".

dDave

V.I.P.
Even if a hard drive is burned (like with fire) you can still retrieve lots of data off of it. If a hard drive is erased then the data actually remains on the drive unless the drive is either bleached or new data is written to that part of the drive (erasing essentially tells the computer that you can write new data to that spot even though there's already technically stuff there, that's what free space is on a drive, it can easily be retrieved unless it was specifically covered up). If a hard drive crashes then you can still easily retrieve the data.

Oh, your backup wasn't working? That's fine, there are guys out there that can get data off of just about any drive unless you intentionally destroyed it. Have fun in prison :)

What they are claiming is literally impossible, I repeat, impossible. Do they really think that everyone in America is computer retarded and wouldn't catch them on this one?

It's clear that the emails were intentionally "lost". I think it's the administration covering their butts because they don't all want to be incriminated, I think this includes a whole lot more people outside the IRS.

This is probably the most obviously corrupt of all the scandals under this administration. At least with Benghazi or the VA there's the potential that it's simply incompetent people at the helm. With the IRS it was specific targeting and it was meticulously planned from the beginning. I fear we may never know just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I'm sure they knew they would get called on this. They just decided deleting the emails would be better for them than letting the emails go public. That said, even if they thought they did a squeaky clean job of deleting the emails, as Dave pointed out it is impossible they did it perfectly. So many things happen when you send emails and it is saved on several separate computers. Then all those files are backed up on servers I'm sure. Then there are still plenty of other backups such as the NSA. The data still exists somewhere. The fact that this is even happening tells me this scandal goes much higher than Lois Lerner. Members of Congress or the administration are pissing in their pants right now I'm guessing. And they have every reason to be.

The White House is actually responding to question on this with childish answers like "what, you've never heard of a computer crash before?"

I am wondering why the libs aren't pissed about this one. Actually I'm not.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

Buckley jr.

And for the record, of course conservatives should be pissed if we find out this was happening to leftist groups. But you'll always ,of course, have those hacks on both sides that can only see things through their partisan lens.

My question to the libs is, why aren't you pissed about this and can you name a a prominent liberal who is irate over the IRS targeting of conservative groups/tea party groups?

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, how concerning is that?

They decided that deleting the emails would be better than letting them be released. We can't let them get away by just letting them say they lost them and that's it, someone needs to find these emails. It's insanely corrupt what's going on here and I wish everyone in the media would make some big noise about it. I'd love for someone connected to this to come forward and spill the beans.

I think the very fact that 2 years of emails are gone incriminates a lot of people (if they can figure out who exactly did it). Doesn't even matter what the content of the emails are when it comes to that, someone needs to get into trouble for erasing them. It's clear that it was done intentionally which is really going to screw with this investigation if they end up not able to find them. Destroying evidence in a criminal investigation is illegal.