iRobot IPO Announced

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is somewhat old news, but iRobot (www.irobot.com) announced a month or so ago that they will be having an initial public offering soon, and becoming the largest publicly traded Robot technology company in the world.

They are responsible for home robots such as the Rhoomba, and also many robots that the US government uses in combat where it is too dangerous to send a human in.

This could be one of the biggest IPO's since Google. I for one have been following this since the announcement, and plan to get on board early on.

Does anybody else plan to get on board when iRobot goes public? I don't know the date for their IPO, but it looks like iRobot will soon be on the NASDAQ with the symbol IRBT.

I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Gunshy. If you are just getting started, it's ALWAYS safer to take your time than to jump right in. Once you get a feel for it though, you might want to check back on this stock and see how it's going.

It still hasn't gone public yet though. I don't know what the process involves entirely, but apparently it takes a lot of paper filing and time.

Yeah, that's what i'm doing. I hear penny stock is the best place to go. Anyway, I don't think the IPO will be as good as Google's, but hey! You never know!! I think Google was an exception. It's the most popular search engine, so most of everyone was already familiar with it.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Google was a major exception. They were already hugely successful and well known before going public. They had would be investors literally knocking their doors down begging for them to go public. :D

Penny stocks can be good, but again it all depends on WHAT stock you buy. Don't ever risk more than you can afford to lose.

Investing in a company like Google, for example, is a smart move because the company is stable, making great progress, and is in the news constantly.

Intesting in a startup company penny stock is a lot more risky. Penny stock companies go out of business every day. They also turn into bigger dollar stocks sometimes as well.

It comes down to researching before you get in. Subscribe to a Money magazine. I personally subscribe to Forbes and get a weekly issue.

Getting back to iRobot, I just visited their press release page. According to their most recent PR, the company is worth $95 Million right now. That's BEFORE going public. Man I can't wait to see what happens as they get closer to actually doing this! :)

I checked iRobot's site again and there's no more news on the IPO for now though.

Here's a good article I found on Forbes though about the proposed iRobot IPO: http://www.forbes.com/strategies/2005/07/29/equities-ipo-irobot-cx_sr_0729ipooutlook.html

Oh Great!

I Will definitely want to get into this
It is also going to be the best House cleaning equipment addition for all of us.
And that's a great output of AI hope to see more interesting stuff in near future.