Iraq court to rule on Saddam verdict

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's appeals court is expected to rule on Saddam Hussein's guilty verdict and death sentence by the middle of January, the chief prosecutor said Monday, setting in motion a possible execution by mid-February. If the ruling is upheld, The Associated Press has learned that Iraq's three-man presidential council will allow Saddam's hanging to take place. The execution must be carried out within 30 days of the appeals court's decision.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I find it rather amusing that he may be hung . . I won't lie, I'd like to see it out of morbid curiosity.

I think the guy deserves it. He did some horrible things and It'd be a shame to give the guy the luxury of living.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He deserves whatever he's going to get. The pain that this man caused to so many people is so un-humain. I kinda wish you could see him being hung on Pay Per View. Imagine how much people would purchase that Pay Per View event? I certainly would.

He should be hung out of an airplane.

Seriously though, he deserves it. Hanging may be a somewhat old-fashioned and cruel way to go, but he's committed so many crimes against humanity that he shouldn't be treated like a normal person.

First,
I CALL POINTLESS SHOW TRIAL.

Second, the past tense of the verb that means killing someone on a gallows is "hanged." This is because legal terms are archaic like that. You may not care, but remember that every time you misuse the word "hung," you're calling me a cunt.

Third, I'd love to read Saddam's memoirs. I won't get to, of course, because he'll never write them because that would be extremely uncomfortable for many powerful politicians in the US.

Fourth, punishing Saddam is pointless so long as the neocon treason-fucks who put Saddam in power (example, Donald Rumsfeld), stay in power themselves. Oh, wait, the people who installed the last puppet government in Iraq are now being trusted with installing the next one.

Fifth, overall, I don't give a damn what happens to Saddam. If the Iraqis want to feed him to termites, I don't care. I say this as someone who is ordinarily against the death penalty as a matter of policy. Politicians deserve to be held accountable.

31marquis32

He should be hung out of an airplane.

Seriously though, he deserves it. Hanging may be a somewhat old-fashioned and cruel way to go, but he's committed so many crimes against humanity that he shouldn't be treated like a normal person.
No i say Bin Laden should be hung out of an airplane....but since they were gonna do either firewall or hang him they should do both.Like the should shoot at him while he's hangin...now that he deserves but SenatorB your idea is good too though

Second, the past tense of the verb that means killing someone on a gallows is "hanged." This is because legal terms are archaic like that. You may not care, but remember that every time you misuse the word "hung," you're calling me a cunt.
You're right, but "hanged" sounds stupid, so I guess I'll end up calling you a cunt (although I'm not sure I understand the connection between using hung instead of hanged and insulting you, but whatever)

Fourth, punishing Saddam is pointless so long as the neocon treason-fucks who put Saddam in power (example, Donald Rumsfeld), stay in power themselves. Oh, wait, the people who installed the last puppet government in Iraq are now being trusted with installing the next one.
I agree mostly, but I wouldn't say it's completely pointless. While the problems you brought up are definitely real, it would be another problem on top if Saddam was left unpunished.

No i say Bin Laden should be hung out of an airplane....but since they were gonna do either firewall or hang him they should do both.Like the should shoot at him while he's hangin...now that he deserves but SenatorB your idea is good too though
Yeah! After his neck is broken, let's shoot at his corpse! That will serve a purpose!

I'm not sure I understand the connection between using hung instead of hanged and insulting you, but whatever.
Literate people supposedly respond to bad grammar in the same way prudish people respond to profanity.
I agree mostly, but I wouldn't say it's completely pointless. While the problems you brought up are definitely real, it would be another problem on top if Saddam was left unpunished.
I don't know if it would really be a "problem." Yeah, we'd all like to see him get what's coming to him, but he's already broken anyway. He could teach kindergarten for all the threat he poses now.

Hey, there's a thought.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
He deserves it.

And i also find it amusing to hear that a president is gonna be hanged rather than killed outta the shooting Squad

It would have been a lot easier if they'd just shot him by accident when they found him in that hole. "He had a weapon!" He's going to die, there's no doubt about that, seeing all the stuff he's done... this way it just gets dragged on and on.