• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Iran's Rejection

T

TonyPassa

Sadly this is probably another step closer to military action. Russia and China can't and won't stop them. The U.N. is the equivalent of a limp dick, that being fairly useless. Sanctions seldom if ever work and Bush is war-monger just itching for a reason, and now he has it.

Wed Apr 12, 4:45 AM ET

Iran rejected on Wednesday a Russian call that it end its uranium enrichment work, saying its nuclear program could not be stopped.

Iran said on Tuesday it had produced low-grade enriched uranium suitable for use in nuclear power stations, setting itself on a collision course with the West and U.N. Security Council which have called for a halt to its work on uranium.

Russia described Tuesday's announcement as "a step in the wrong direction" but Iran held firm.

"Iran's nuclear activities are like a waterfall which has begun to flow. It cannot be stopped," a senior Iranian official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

A Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman was quoted by the Itar-Tass news agency on Wednesday saying Tehran should halt uranium enrichment.

Iran has been referred to the U.N. Security Council for failing to convince much of the international community that it is enriching uranium just for power stations and not branching into weapons.

Iran has traditionally regarded Moscow as a key nuclear ally and several officials in Tehran have confidently predicted that the U.N. Security Council will take no action against Iran because of Russia's veto.

Russia is helping Iran build its first its first nuclear power station at the Gulf port of Bushehr and a Russian firm is helping explore the Anaran oilfield in Western Iran.

T

TonyPassa

Should Force Be Used?

Kristol: Be Prepared to Use Force in Iran

The United States must take seriously the nuclear developments in Iran, says Bill Kristol, executive editor of The Weekly Standard.

Kristol, appearing Wednesday on Fox News Live, said the Bush administration must "be prepared to threaten military force … and be prepared to use military force†if necessary with regard to Iran and the ravings of its hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"We hope to work this out diplomatically with the help of some of our allies, but the military option needs to remain in play,†he said. "... We really have to be ready to use force.â€Â

Iran has threatened to continue its nuclear development despite the threat of sanctions from the United Nations and warnings from several countries, including the United States, Russia and European Union nations.

Kristol said Iran does not take these threats seriously because – as in the words of an unnamed U.S. policy adviser – the U.S. policy with regard to Iran has been "all carrots and no sticks.â€Â

Although Ahmadinejad – who, in the past, has called for the destruction of Israel and who refers to the United States as "The Great Satan†- claims he wants nuclear power for Iran for peaceful and economic means, not the development of nuclear weapons, Kristol is wary of that promise, and thinks most Americans are as well.

"I don’t think it would be that hard [to sell to the American people the idea of a possible pre-emptive strike against Iran],†Kristol told Fox. "I think the American people understand that it will be worth it [in the long run] to make sure that this Iranian regime does not get nuclear weapons.â€Â

Kristol said the rumblings in Iran are reminders of the ongoing war against terrorism that started a long time ago, but crystallized with the 9/11 terror attacks on America in 2001.

"What do we owe the passengers of Flight 93? [the hijacked plane that crashed in rural southwest Pennsylvania on 9/11],†Kristol asks. "They were the first warriors to fight this phase of the war against Islamo-Fascism. Are we going to let this semi-madman in Iran get nuclear weapons?â€Â

This isn't a double post, I simply merged two topics.

Oh and Tony welcome to the forums!! Hope you enjoy them, I see you are already enjoy the Mature Discussion board. I merged your two topics, because they were about the same thing. Oh and could you post the source (link) of where you got these articles, I'd love to look at them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks,
Sui

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

What exactly are you wanting to discuss anyway? You are just providing us with information on the situation regarding Iran, so is there something else that you need to discuss or what?

T

TonyPassa

I provided my view in the 1st paragraph. If you want to give yours, fine. If not, that's your perogative. 8)

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well you are wrong about Russia and China not being able to stop Iran, if they really wanted to they could crush Iran easily, but just end up like we are in Iraq, which everyone is seeing how huge of a mistake it was. I dont figure Bush will try to invade Iran anyway, not when we have this much trouble with Iraq. I would have to agree with you on the UN though, they rarely help much when it comes to major conflicts.

T

TonyPassa

I was talking about stopping them militarily. Either could crush them. I was referring to using their influence to persuade them to halt production.

As far as invading Iran there's no need, tactical nukes a/k/a MOABs a/k/a Bunker Busters would be enough to set them back years.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

If Iran becomes a nuclear threat, as in trying to develop weapons then I seriously doubt China and Russia will just set by and let a nation that has a lot of fanatics in it have WMD's. Bombing someone into submission wont really help, we will just stir up more terrorists.

T

TonyPassa

No one wnats to bomb anyone into submission which is why they have to be stopped now. They made it clear if attained they will be used against Israel and the U.S. In that, scenario preemptive measures MUST be taken. The only question now is how.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I wouldnt worry about it anyway, Israel could crush Iran easily, and if you are a Christian then you have no need to worry anyway, everyone has has went against Israel has eventually failed. I do not believe any measures should be taken yet, not until Iraq is cleaned up, if Iraq gets into some sort of stable condition then it could be used as a base of operations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shelgarr Bathroom Wall 5
Nevyrmoore Bathroom Wall 2
Babe_Ruth Dating & Relationships 16
Babe_Ruth Religion & Philosophy 19