Iranian official calls Barbie 'destructive'

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I understand where Iran is coming from when they want to discourage Barbie. Barbie and her sexy revealing outfits shocks their culture where women aren't supposed to be dressed that way. In our culture it's probably like introducing a package of "Ken and his wives" or a "gay Ken" toy (with a possible package of married Ken and Joe). Even if they're just toys, such propositions will surely get a negative reaction from people who want to present something else (more aligned to their beliefs and culture) to their kids.

Last edited:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I understand where Iran is coming from when they want to discourage Barbie. Barbie and her sexy revealing outfits shocks their culture where women aren't supposed to be dressed that way. In our culture it's probably like introducing a package of "Ken and his wives" or a "gay Ken" toy (with a possible package of married Ken and Joe). Even if they're just toys, such propositions will surely get a negative reaction from people who want to present something else (more aligned to their beliefs and culture) to their kids.
Someone might steal your idea ysabel! Get it patented quick.. :nod: Oh and give me 10% of your profits, cos I suggested this to you. :D

All the terrorism in the Middle East and you're worried about Barbie dolls. That's a new one:shocked:
Obviously you have no idea of what's important.

How can you even think about terrorists when our main venue towards destroying the traditions, morals, and values of Iranian children is taken away?