• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Iran and the boat incident

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You all have probably already heard all about Iran ceasing two of our Naval patrol boats and the fact the sailors have already been released. What I want to know is if only one boat was disabled why didn't the other one tow it away from Iranian waters? I can't believe they didn't have a rope, chain or something they could have used. If nothing else everyone remove their pants and tie them together. Keep it out of Iranians waters long enough for help to arrive.

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but this whole thing seems fishy to me. Could something political, a false flag, or something along those lines have went on here?

Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kerry's efforts to open communications lines with Iran really paid off with this whole ordeal.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another thing the way I understand it parading prisoners on TV is against the Geneva convention and considered a war crime which the Iranians did.

James Crawford QC, professor of international law at Cambridge University, said coercing PoWs into appearing on TV would be a grave breach of the convention and a war crime, "but shots of prisoners of war at a distance and not identifiable as individuals are fine". He said the convention's protections had to be balanced against freedom of information.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/mar/28/broadcasting.Iraqandthemedia2

Also since Kerry is so influential with the Iranians why doesn't he get our people back that is being held prisoners there.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
1) This is a boat that went from international waters into Iranian waters. Why would Iran approach the boats, demand the sailors put their hands over their heads and get on their knees? The way to approach it is find out what is going on and assist them in any way possible.

2) Why would they videotape them? THAT most certainly is a breach of the convention and a war crime. As the father of a sailor it made my blood boil to see one of OUR sailors being used for propaganda like that.

3) IF Iran is a "friend of ours now" and IF our place in the world and the respect around the world is SO GREAT now because of Obama, WHY would this happen? Why would American sailors be treated this way?

Col. Ralph Peters was 100% correct about Obama, he's a spineless coward and so is John Kerry. This administration is filled with inept wusses and they are an embarrassment.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
1) This is a boat that went from international waters into Iranian waters. Why would Iran approach the boats, demand the sailors put their hands over their heads and get on their knees? The way to approach it is find out what is going on and assist them in any way possible.

2) Why would they videotape them? THAT most certainly is a breach of the convention and a war crime. As the father of a sailor it made my blood boil to see one of OUR sailors being used for propaganda like that.

3) IF Iran is a "friend of ours now" and IF our place in the world and the respect around the world is SO GREAT now because of Obama, WHY would this happen? Why would American sailors be treated this way?

Col. Ralph Peters was 100% correct about Obama, he's a spineless coward and so is John Kerry. This administration is filled with inept wusses and they are an embarrassment.
Agree all around, CO. I can't imagine how this situation could have gone any worse for the lost sailors.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A rumor I have been hearing, have no link or proof at this point, is that Iran jammed their signal which caused them to lose communications. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This reminds me of all the mistakes the Obama administration made in hunting down and killing Osama Bin Laden. Can't these guys do anything right?

Powerful

Registered Member
1)

Feel free to show me the pictures of you, or Trump, or Cruz, or Rubio, or Christie receiving medals after serving our country.