IQ

troubl3dmind

Registered Member
What's the best IQ test to take online?

More importantly, what is your IQ? Do you think your IQ reflects how smart you are/feel?

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I don't know the best to take, but I know the score from the last one I took. Last time I got a 115. Pretty low compared to the one I took as a kid that came out to be 130. And no, I don't think it reflects how intelligent I am or how I feel. But it would be nice to get a high score.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I was tested as a kid and supposedly I scored 147. I say supposedly because my mother didn't tell me until maybe 10-15 years later. She said that her and my father didn't tell me because they didn't want me to get a swelled head and think I was better than other kids. Probably a good idea.

Sim

Registered Member
I've heard there are different IQ scales in use. The one I know of, which is used in Germany, is the one where 96% of all people fall between 70 and 130 points, above 130 counts as "especially gifted".

When I was at the psychologist for my anxiety and depression problems, when I was 17, they did two tests with me. In one, I scored 139 points, in the other 152. They said that puts me in the top 0.5% of the population.

While I know I'm not dumb, and I used to be the class geek in high school, I don't think this test necessarily says much about actual intelligence. Some forms of intelligence are not measured, like emotional intelligence and empathy, which is an important aspect of personality as well. Also, these tests do not measure "everyday smartness", the capacity to deal diligently with situations of everyday life -- they just measure how well you do a task with paper and pen. Also, the capacity to reflect oneself is not measured.

So I'd say this test only has a rather limited significance. Of course it helps when you are "smart" when it comes to abstract thinking, focusing capacity and memory, but even many less "smart" people may be more successful in life, better suited to deal with life and social situations and may be the better friends.

I'd tell you if I could understand the questions!

I've done various online ones before. They're supposed to represent all variety of mental challenge but my scores were inconsistant. Not sure on exact numbers but I was pleased with them.

If you really want to test your IQ, have a pop at joining The British Mensa. If you even manage to finish the test without being reduced to a wailing blob of frustration on the floor - your IQ is in good shape!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't know what my IQ is. I just took a test here: IQTest.com

It says I got 127. :dunno: What? I'm not gifted?! :lol:

Comparison table:

40 - 54 Severely challenged (Less than 1% of test takers)
55 - 69 Challenged (2.3% of test takers)
70 - 84 Below average
85 - 114 Average (68% of test takers)
115 - 129 Above average
130 - 144 Gifted (2.3% of test takers)
145 - 159 Genius (Less than 1% of test takers)
160 - 175 Extraordinary genius

Btw, if you plan to take that quiz...at the end it'll ask you for your email addy. Just put your email addy because that's where they send your score. The next page is about paying for the results (just skip that!)

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
On Ysabels test I got 134.

I might have to go see if I can find a few more later on and see if the results are similar at all.