• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

iPods

I

IntheNet

KolMartin229 said:
I had an Ipod mini, but the battery inside broke, and I got a regular 20-gig Ipod for 100 dollars and it's worked fine since.
There are several companies, Apple included, that offer battery replacement and repair. Further, if your iPod Mini broke inside the one-year warranty, Apple will replace it free, often at their Apple stores with a direct exchange for a new one.

I find Apple's iPod and their computer software iTunes to be the ultimate music players; for their cost and quality nothing even comes close... I have several and have had good luck with them...

F

Forbidden

IntheNet said:
There are several companies, Apple included, that offer battery replacement and repair. Further, if your iPod Mini broke inside the one-year warranty, Apple will replace it free, often at their Apple stores with a direct exchange for a new one.
Well when mine broke they did offer me a new one because it was within the 1-year warranty. However, for the second one I didn't get a warranty, and when the battery inside broke, they offered to refurbish it and give me a new one for $60. So I went home to discuss that and I was actually able to buy a regular Ipod off my friend for only $100 which was good because I was pushing the limit for the maximum songs on the Mini anyway. Plus it was only 40 dollars more. As for the regular Ipod, I have been fully satisfied with it and yes I agree with you that Ipod and Itunes are incomparable in terms of convienence.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Gah, I don't like iTunes... huge resource hog... Winamp for me, uses close to three quarters fewer resources than iTunes... only time I use iTunes is for when I update my iPod (was a gift... I like it, but I think I would have gotten something else if I'd bought one for myself). Personally, I think the best way for updating is through windows explorer such as the iRiver, but iTunes isn't too bad for it, even if it does take a lot longer and is generally kind of silly.

Blur

iPimp
i prefer winamp aswell. itunes is way too complex and i dont need all that shit for my music

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
iTUnes lets me find my songs, artists, etc. easily so it works for me. plus it came with the ipod so it just makes it that much easier. no need for me to download other stuff

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I usually search for songs or samples on iTunes then dl them via bittorrent.

It is reasonably priced for getting a song here and there but it can add up when you buy 30+ songs.