• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

iPods

D

Delirium Trigger

I hate when you buy somthin new like an I-pod for example and then 2 weeks later they make a new one better and for the same price >.< thats what happened to me when I bought the 2 gig...

merob

Boom!
The Mercenary said:
I bought an iPod through Apple and they have the shittiest customer support. They got all bitchy with me when I asked about my pricing and stuff. They just hate people in general.
This is the first complaint i've heard against apple. They're known for good service. I'm suprized to hear they had a bitchy represenative (customer support even). Seriously, customer support is usually annoyin as hell to deal with, regaurdless what company your dealing with. When you call in be ready to deal with everything 1,2,3. Folks generally get annoyed if you take too much time to get things done. It's a real stressful job they're working. :(
I'm sry to hear you had a bad expierence w/ Apple. I'm a big fan of their buisness.

G

Gaara_EATS_pies

Apple does a great job in customer service. They have this list thing where you set up an appointment in the store within 10 minutes is there is a long line.
They seem really nice to everyone at my local apple store. Sorry for the bad service you got.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I've got a little logic mp3 player, it's cute and all but the battery barely lasts 2 days. I've gone through like 5 AAA's in like 2 weeks (it may not sound so bad because i listen to it on the way to college and not during or after) It's crap, and AAA's ain't cheap!

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have an iPod Shuffle 512mB. Found it in my college student center, just abandoned on one of the PCs. Instead of handing it in, I took it home. Better than my current one - a Play.com 128mB that takes AAA batteries. Power on that one runs out after a few hours, which is annoying.

D

dias2525

I got a white nano. it's a 2 gig but it works well as to hiding it at school. The screen gets scratched up pretty easily though.

S

shakujou

I don't actually have an mp3 player, but I'll voice my opinion anyway on what I want to get.

I want to get either a CREATIVE Zen Touch or the Zen Vision M. The touch is just a normal mp3, and the vision is more like the Video pod. I'd pretty much just get the vision because it's larger, and I'd have better bragging rights, with the occasional video. It also has better sound quality than the Ipods, pretty much because CREATIVE is a sound system company for computers.

CREATIVE came up with the touch pad technology, Apple was the one that put it in a wheel variation.

A rechargable battery does have a battery life. Every time it gets recharged, it wears that life down just a little bit. It happens on my mom's cell phone batteries all the time. I think CREATIVE actually has an article about battery life.... I'll try to find it, and edit it into the post.

G

Gankutsuou

I got this $40 cd player with mp3 tech, so each of my cd's can hold 540 some odd songs. That means i can beat an ipod's capacity with $10 worth of cd's. So, $50 vs $400. The video screen ain't worth it imo. If you wanna pay that much, just get a laptop and download winamp. Better music quality, and much much MUCH more ability than an ipod. No?

B

barfootboards

i ordered my 60 gb video 5th gen. last month off the site and got it a cuple dayslater, its great i love it, i watched half baked thru my science mid-term

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Gankutsuou said:
I got this $40 cd player with mp3 tech, so each of my cd's can hold 540 some odd songs. That means i can beat an ipod's capacity with $10 worth of cd's. So, $50 vs $400. The video screen ain't worth it imo. If you wanna pay that much, just get a laptop and download winamp. Better music quality, and much much MUCH more ability than an ipod. No?
I hear you. I'd just rather have the rechargeable battery and ability to rewrite my songs easier.