iPod vs Zune

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The last mp3 player I had (which is now lost) was an iPod nano 8GB.

However, I mostly hate apple, so I was looking to go to Zune. I'm not sure what is best for me. I've been hearing mostly that the apps on iPod are better, but I'm not necessarily interested in apps. I mostly want to use it to....like....listen to music. haha

But I'm still undecided right now. I've heard that Zune has better pricing for storage amount.

Which would you rather have, and why?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
You do get better pricing with the Zune and I didn't hate it when I had one, there just wasn't nearly as much support for it which sucks since the iPod is . . well, finicky or at least mine always has been. The Zune is pretty durable but if you're used to the iPod wheel, it can be strange to get used to.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
I don't know. I had a nano and after 3 months the battery offed itself and it was very difficult to replace...

Mark bought me a Zune about 2 years back? (I think) and have yet to have any problems with it. It holds a charge for a good long time and it's incredibly easy to deal with. I love it.

But I don't know much about the iPods since mine died after such a short time...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've had iPod products for awhile. First off it pisses me off that they have to have everything a different format. Not that it affects me all that much...but the principle of it still pisses me off. lol

Does Zune use it's own special format, or is it mp3?

My first 2 GB nano just bit the dust with no explanation. I bought another 8GB nano and it's finicky. Sometimes when I plug it into the adapter to listen through the car...it will just stop working until I plug it into my laptop again. It has full battery and everything. It really made me mad, since usually I was using it for music for a 3 hr car trip.

But I have absolutely 0 experience with the zune, and I'm hearing mixed things about it.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I've been having problems with my zune HD, so I'm thinking of switching to the iTouch if I ever get the money for it.

My zune freezes nearly every day. It sucks. Plus other stuff

BigBob

Registered Member
Defiantly a Zune. I've gone through 2 nanos and that's when I decided it was time to go another way.

I've dropped that Zune so many time, whether it be on accident or intentionally. It's still in perfect condition. Granit use to freeze all the time but that was before I got it updated recently, but it's great. In the 3 years I've had it, that was the only problem I had and it was easily fixed by an update.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've had iPod products for awhile. First off it pisses me off that they have to have everything a different format. Not that it affects me all that much...but the principle of it still pisses me off. lol

Does Zune use it's own special format, or is it mp3?

My first 2 GB nano just bit the dust with no explanation. I bought another 8GB nano and it's finicky. Sometimes when I plug it into the adapter to listen through the car...it will just stop working until I plug it into my laptop again. It has full battery and everything. It really made me mad, since usually I was using it for music for a 3 hr car trip.

But I have absolutely 0 experience with the zune, and I'm hearing mixed things about it.
Zune is all the common Windows formats like .mp3 and .wma. Basically if you have a PC that plays your music, the Zune will play them. To preface Iris' quote below, I've never had a Zune HD, I had one of the first generation big ones and I thought it was a great little piece of technology. I only sold it because I needed the money at the time.

I've been having problems with my zune HD, so I'm thinking of switching to the iTouch if I ever get the money for it.

My zune freezes nearly every day. It sucks. Plus other stuff
I've had my iTouch for about 3 years now and I'm quite happy with it. Although, I'm pretty sure it's at the end of its life span since it's gotten a bit slow and laggy lately.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Oh... I don't know anything about the Zune HD... I have... I don't know... one of the older ones I suppose? I don't know...

I'm klutzy and I need something that can hold up to my crazy stepping on my stuff and dropping things habits..... my Zune has done that VERY well.

BigBob

Registered Member
Oh... I don't know anything about the Zune HD... I have... I don't know... one of the older ones I suppose? I don't know...

I'm klutzy and I need something that can hold up to my crazy stepping on my stuff and dropping things habits..... my Zune has done that VERY well.
The first time I dropped either of my I-pods, the screens cracked. The Zune just takes it like a champ.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I have had a 60G Video Ipod, which I sold because I didn't use it enough.. Then when I put the new CD deck in my old car that had Ipod hook ups I had to go out and immediately get a new one, so i got an 8Gb Nano, which lasted me forever.. I still use it occasionally in my new car when I am going some where that I feel the possibility of my car being broken into is high. So my main one now is a 64Gb Ipod Touch.

I have never had a problem with an Ipod. they have all lasted me more than a sufficient amount of time. The only thing that happens to me is if I leave my touch in the car, when I get back in and start it sometimes I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get sound.. No big deal though. Aside from that, I have never had a problem so I will stick with Ipods for now. Plus... Last.fm works with Ipods and not Zunes... >.>