"iPod Touch" Announced!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, if there was any question which mp3 player was better, the iPod of the Zune, iPod will soon win hands down.

The Zune introduced touch screen technology, but, I still prefered the iPod scroll wheel over the Zune's big screen and touch screen capabilities.

Now you can have the best of both worlds with the newly announced iPod Touch!

Apple - iPod touch

I don't even have an iPod video. I have the iPod "Color" 60GB from back in 2005. Two years later my iPod looks like a paper weight compared to the new stuff on the market. :(

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having an iPod Touch. :D

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
that is so awsome, but the new ipod nano looks a bit funny, anyway, im getting that for my first ipod, so a iphone look alike

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah the changed up the nano look. I don't think it's bad looking. Just different. I wonder how this new model will go over with runners who like to strap it to their arms. It seems a bit wider than the previous version.

Also it looks like the "Touch" version only holds up to 16GB of music. The "classic" version, on the other hand has been upgraded from 80GB to 160GB max now.

Apple - iPod classic

Wow... I'd almost rather have the new classic than the new touch iPod. The touch iPod is basically an iPhone that can't make or receive calls. Most of the other features are still in there.

Gwiz

Registered Member
The Ipod Touch is a nice mp3 player. An Iphone without the phone, that's the way I look at it. Apple did a nice job overall upgrading it from the nano. It maintain about the same size but just a bit wider. Hwoever, i dont think the screen is suitable for video viewing. A little bigger would be nice but it won't be a nano no more. They did a really good job with the navigation and this is gret for the upcoming holiday season.

Psyco

Food Whore
It looks pretty sweet, but apple is being bitchy about modding the firmware, 3rd party programs and such. One guy bought a broken one and took it apart. He was in the process of uploading it to his own private server, when his ISP pulled the plug. he wasn't going to publicly distribute it, he was going to share it with one or two people to fiddle around with, so that they could make 3rd party software.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I agree and its down to corporate greed. The Iphone is worst as it they jsut recently released the update not allowing people to use other providers and forcing people to do business with AT&T.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Okay, so I don't even have an iPod in the first place, but I have used them. Weren't they pretty much "tough before"? A touch would almost seem more annoying to me because it would be more sensitive. I don't see the advantage except you might save half a calorie by not pushing a button all day...