• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

iPod/iTunes Problem

Twitch

Registered Member
Just today, I restored my iTouch and tried to sync it to my iTunes. On a few Beatles songs, and now a Kanye West song, it is telling me that "iTunes could not copy 'POWER' to the iPod because the file could not be read or written."

The file plays in my iTunes, so I don't understand why it will not sync to my iTouch.

Any help?

C-Mach

Registered Member
iTunes can be very picky about what it will sync to the devices it manages. You have to format everything just right. Otherwise, iTunes won't sync it. And even if you format it just right, iTunes still might not sync it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Your iTunes library can be in several different places.

I know that sounds crazy but there are some things in your library that are read from different locations. For things to be synced to the ipod you must have all of your files in the same folder. I had this problem a while back and found out that a few months before that incident I had been importing all of my songs to a different folder. So my itunes was split into 2 folders.

See if you can identify 2 distinctive folders (or more if there are any), cause I do think that is the problem.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Just today, I restored my iTouch and tried to sync it to my iTunes. On a few Beatles songs, and now a Kanye West song, it is telling me that "iTunes could not copy 'POWER' to the iPod because the file could not be read or written."

The file plays in my iTunes, so I don't understand why it will not sync to my iTouch.

Any help?
What format is the file? My guess is even if iTunes can play the song, it will not copy it without converting it to a format that the iPod can play.

Twitch

Registered Member
The file was either an mp3 or m4v, both able to play on iPods.

I haven't figured it out, I deleted the songs that it happened to and redownloaded another file of the same song. If it happens again I'll try to see if they're in different places.

Thanks for the responses.