• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

iPhone now on Verizon

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
This is for the US members.

IPhone has been available under AT&T uniquely until the recent announcement that now Verizon will have iPhone available too. How many among you who have Verizon that will now think of switching your handsets to iPhone because of this? Or how many former AT&T users will now switch to Verizon because they have better coverage in general?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I heard about this yesterday. The Verizon phone won't be as updated as the AT&T phone yet. You won't be able to do as much initially. Once that does happen though I'm much more apt to switch from Sprint to Verizon rather than AT&T, unless of course Verizon experiences the same kind of dropped call problems simply because their servers can't handle all that information either.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've never had any problems with Verizon; I've found their coverage to be far superior to AT&T's in general even before the iPhone was released. They're also very good to work with as far as billing concerns.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I heard about this yesterday. The Verizon phone won't be as updated as the AT&T phone yet. You won't be able to do as much initially. Once that does happen though I'm much more apt to switch from Sprint to Verizon rather than AT&T, unless of course Verizon experiences the same kind of dropped call problems simply because their servers can't handle all that information either.
Yeah they talked about seeing if the their servers will suffer once they handle iphones and influx of new clients.

I've never had any problems with Verizon; I've found their coverage to be far superior to AT&T's in general even before the iPhone was released. They're also very good to work with as far as billing concerns.
Don't you dare switch to iphone!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't have a Verizon store where I live and their service runs off of the same backbone as AT&T where I live so it wouldn't be worth me even thinking about getting one. The service is terrible and the 3G coverage is spotty at best.

Dabs

Registered Member
I already have Verizon and I saw this bit of news a couple of days ago.
I think I may check out the new iPhone by Verizon....but I thought they said it wasn't available just yet....is that right??
No matter....I'd be interested in it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I probably won't switch. I've still got one of the first Droids that came out and I'm happy with it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I already have Verizon and I saw this bit of news a couple of days ago.
I think I may check out the new iPhone by Verizon....but I thought they said it wasn't available just yet....is that right??
No matter....I'd be interested in it.
It is out in Feb 10 I think but you can have it earlier if you preorder (for the overexcited ones). :lol:

I don't have a Verizon store where I live and their service runs off of the same backbone as AT&T where I live so it wouldn't be worth me even thinking about getting one. The service is terrible and the 3G coverage is spotty at best.
They also mentioned that while Verizon coverage and quality is better overall, there are some spots in the US that are only best serviced by AT&T.

Turbo

Registered Member
iPhone on Verizon makes me laugh cause you can't check anything while your on a call...their service can't handle multi-tasking.

I've never had any issue with AT&T and I live in Brooklyn, NY.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Really? so it's a network thing not the phone itself? That sucks.