• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

iPhone 5 Thoughts

Turbo

Registered Member
By my schedule the iPhone 5 details should be leaking soon, which I'm eagerly awaiting as a iPhone 3GS owner. But what should it have?

I think the memory should be boosted to 80GB or at least 64GB. The 32GB fills up fast nowadays between music, eBooks, & Apps.

Your thoughts?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Would this, by any chance, be the mini iPhone Apple have said they're making?

The one that's meant to be pushing Google out of the smartphone market?

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
It's probably slightly thinner than the previous one and without the antenna problem. A new version of iOS as usual. Some more new apps.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It's probably slightly thinner than the previous one and without the antenna problem. A new version of iOS as usual. Some more new apps.
Once again, I need to ask if this is what I'm thinking of.

The so called iPhone Nano (yes, I know I said Apple said they were making it. Wrong wording, I meant that there are rumors Apple's making it).

fractal

Once again, I need to ask if this is what I'm thinking of.

The so called iPhone Nano (yes, I know I said Apple said they were making it. Wrong wording, I meant that there are rumors Apple's making it).
Well, I have no idea. But I think it might have dual core since phones with dual core have started rolling out.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Ah, it appears that this isn't what I'm thinking of then. I'm thinking of this.

An example rumour said:
Apple is secretly working on a smaller, cheaper version of the the iPhone to head off the challenge from Google Android devices, it's reported today. The new model would retail alongside the forthcoming iPhone 5, for around $200 (£125), Bloomberg said, citing people who had been briefed on the plans. Apple was working to awards a mid-year release date, one said, but the schedule may have changed or been scrapped.

A prototype seen by the same source last year was two-thirds the previous iPhones and had no "home" button.

Apple plans to make cost savings by reusing components, including the processor, from the iPhone 4, which are now cheaper than when it was first released last June. The iPhone 5 is expected to incorporate an new, faster, more expensive processor.

There has been speculation that Apple would release an "iPhone Nano" for years, but today's report is the most solid yet. The strategy would be a repeat of how it developed smaller, cheaper versions of the iPod as other manufacturers entered the market.

It is currently facing a strong challenge from Google Android devices in the smartphone market. They are typically cheaper, and have already eclipsed Apple in terms of market share.

Turbo

Registered Member
Storm I don't see a nano phone in their future to be honest. Apple's iPhone is relatively small based on it's ability without a slide out physical keyboard. Plus smaller is not necessarily better in phones.

I definitely see a better iOS coming, perhaps with the drag typing feature that the Android has. I think the key for Apple in the iPhone 5 is for bigger memory. Between music, eBooks, photos, videos & apps they need more than 32GB as the minimum.

fractal

I would like live wallpapers like Android. I believe that they will put a non-obtrusive notification system like Android's.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I wouldn't be suprised if it's a very minor upgrade. More of an Iphone 4S than an iphone 5 in it's own right. Boosting the memory should be a given, they're way over due a 64 gig phone. Maybe a flash for the camera that doesn't make everyone look like yellow demons with red beedy eyes :lol:

Last edited: