Movies Invictus

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Has anyone seen the trailer for this movie?

It's about Nelson Mandela, and Morgan Freeman portrays him in the movie. There's already oscar buzz for his performance.

I really want to see it, for many reasons, but overall it looks like a fantastic film.

Thoughts?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I could care less about Mandela but as soon as I heard it was a Clint Eastwood movie, I wanted to see it. Almost every single film Eastwood has done in the last decade or so has been incredible.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

That's all I needed to know, too, Cons. But I'd love to see this. I always thought Morgan Freeman would be the perfect choice to play Nelson Mandela.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree Cons, I love Clint Eastwood movies. And I think any part Morgan Freeman plays should get Oscar consideration, the dude is incredible.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This movie is considered one of Eastwood's finest so I'm really excited to see because of that reason as well. I agree with the sentiments about Morgan Freeman, he's a tremendous actor and I am positive that he does an exceptional job in this movie. Matt Damon is getting great reviews for his role as well.

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Dude, everything about this movie looks incredible, Clint, Morgan, and even Matt Damon are all great. Plus its a great story. This movie looks incredibly awesome

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I saw this movie last night. We were actually planning to see Ninja Assassin, but we went to the theater late so we decided to watch Invictus instead. Good thing.

I thought it was very inspiring, especially the music they used. I think knowing how rugby works might help in some of the sporting scenes, but it's not totally necessary. And their accents were sometimes hard to understand, but that's all part of the movie.