Investing in a government project

Interis

Registered Member
My local public bank offered a chance to invest in a government project. I have to put in at least USD $10k and I can't take it out for 3 years. The interest will go straight into my account every 3 months. The project group has been operating for a while and I haven't heard anything bad about them, but the big number scares me.

What would be the ideal approach for this kind of opportunity?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
Did you wind up trying this, Interis? It does sound like a lot of money to invest, but the timetable isn't long. I'm curious about what interest you'd get for loaning your money to the project.

Interis

Registered Member
Did you wind up trying this, Interis? It does sound like a lot of money to invest, but the timetable isn't long. I'm curious about what interest you'd get for loaning your money to the project.
I decided to refuse the offer. It was a big sum and I didn't have that much emergency fund. Three years is quite a long time frame for weird things to happen and not being able to pull out the money when I really need it scares me. The interest was 7.5% a year. Not a bad investment, but again back to the base amount and my emergency fund.