• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Introduction Ness87

Ness87

Hey there :)

I'm Vanessa, 28, from a really small country lost somewhere in Europe and named Belgium (actually, it's right next to France) :)

I've decided to join you because I'd like to improve my english while talking about various subjects, but also because I love to exchange with people from all around the world. Just thought forums were funnier than searching among hundreds of profiles and choosing who to talk to or not...

So I'm interested in quite a lot of things, but I especially love listenning to music (then again, music from all over the world), watching movies, hanging out with friends. I'm also really interested in politics, e-business, foreign cultures and languages.

My native language is French, so I'm really sorry about my English...

Thanks for reading :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forum Vanessa. Always happy to have a new member and we have plenty of different topics here to discuss. We are a friendly bunch so just find a thread you are interested in and start posting.

Your English is fine.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Welcome to General Forum. I'm sure if you give this place a chance and engage in conversation you will find it to be a very welcoming community.

dDave

V.I.P.
Hi Ness! Welcome to our forums.

This is a great place to improve your English, most people here speak it as a first language. Yours seems to be pretty well developed.

Props for Belgium btw, the Belgians are awesome. :)

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Welcome to GF, Ness. Great to have someone here from your part of the world. Your English is honestly fantastic. I wouldn't have guessed French or second language based off your post at all. But practice does make perfect, so do stick around and get involved in some discussions.

I am from South Africa myself. I'm a bit of a loner over here on this side. Where in Belgium are you from? I've been to Belgium before, but many years ago. Beautiful country.

dDave

V.I.P.
I won't lie. I saw the name Ness and this is the first thing I thought of...

Just shows how big of a Nintendo guy I really am. :lol:

What is life like in Belgium? I don't recall having anyone from that specific country before.

Welcome to GF, Ness. Great to have someone here from your part of the world. Your English is honestly fantastic. I wouldn't have guessed French or second language based off your post at all. But practice does make perfect, so do stick around and get involved in some discussions.

I am from South Africa myself. I'm a bit of a loner over here on this side. Where in Belgium are you from? I've been to Belgium before, but many years ago. Beautiful country.
Speaking of which. Do you speak any language other than English where you come from?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Speaking of which. Do you speak any language other than English where you come from?
English is my second language. My first language is Afrikaans, which is a Dutch dialect. Parts of Belgium are actually Flemish speaking, which is also a Dutch dialect and very similar to Afrikaans.

Ness, do you know/understand any Flemish?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Belgium is also next door to Nederlands and where Brussels is located and its where they make the best chocolate in the whole world. I dont know French but your English is really good and probaly better than mine. :D

Oh and welcome to the forum btw. :) Theres tons of cool stuff to discuss.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Your English is superb (probably better than mine, and it's my only language :D). I look forward to your participation in the forums. Welcome aboard!

- Cham