Interview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've just had an interview for quite a cool job and I felt it went pretty good. The lady interviewing me seemed impressed with my answers and I left feeling quite positive. The only thing weighing on my mind is that she has a lot of people to interview, so my chances of getting the job might not be high.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask you all if you've had any interview experiences that you want to share. It could be a funny story, could be a bad story, could be anything you want. Have you ever felt you weren't great in the interview but been offered the job? Have you ever felt you were great in the interview and not been offered the job? Etc, etc...

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

the interview for my last job, of two years, went like this: "ah, you don't look anything like your brother.... can you start saturday?"

went quite well! :p

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I did the interviewing when I worked. :)

About my own interviews, yes there were times I felt I did good but didn't get the job. :dunno: There were also times when I felt lousy and got surprised with a phone call offering me the job. :lol:

Best job interview I had was from an appointment that a company *coughintelcough* made with me. I didn't even apply so I don't know how they got my CV. I was just on my way to a month-long US tour with my singing group. A week before it was due, I appeared for the interview. There were 8 of us waiting. Someone heard a rumor that the company was only looking for 3 consultants. As you can imagine we were just sizing each other up at the waiting room, wondering who'll most likely be kicked off. :lol:

There were two interviews. One with HR recruitment - just basic questions and a series of psych tests, and another with a panel. The job was HR related so the panel consisted of HR veeps. That was intimidating. I could tell that one lady didn't like me whatever I say so I refused eye contact with her. I was asked for the 10yr career plan by a guy and I laughed. I said something like, "Seriously? Young people have 10yr career plans? I just want to get this job and see where it takes me." Another woman asked me what do I think of strict bosses and what would I consider a working problem with a boss. I said I don't mind strict bosses or even workaholic ones. I just want the boss to be smarter than I was. :shifteyes:

Three days after I got a call for a round two interview. I was the only one there but I was told the round two interviews were scheduled a week after (but since I'll be in the US that time...). The interview was more about negotiating a package. I asked for something ridiculous, 4x what I was getting in my previous job. I know that they'll bargain anyway so why not start high.

A month after, before I ended my US tour, I got a fax from the company with a detailed job offer including the ridiculous package I asked for. Best day ever!

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If only it worked like that all the time ysabel. You must have had the biggest smile on your face!

I wish I could be that lucky. I left feeling positive though so I shall keep my fingers crossed.

English-Emo-Boy and ysabel like this.
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I had many interviews that went anywhere from good to horrible.

The Horrible
    I had an interview with a department store where I lied right through my teeth on every answer. I felt dirty afterwards. I couldn't believe that I actually lied to get a stupid job. WOW. Shame on me.

The Bad
    I had an interview for a freight position and when the guy was asking me "Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a felony before?" I answered with "Nope.... Not yet." That's when I knew I screwed the interview and didn't get the job. :lol: - sometimes I just don't know when to keep my mouth shut. :D

The Good
    I had a good interview going at a grocery store with getting a call back. Everything went well and I answered honestly throughout. The interview went well and I had no problems in that one. I actually watched what I said that time, too.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I've only had one. I was sooo nervous. My mom bought me a very fancy and sophisticated outfit to wear, with heals. I walked into Panera Break, sweating like a pig next in line to be slaughtered, he asked me a few questions, and told me when I could start. lol

I grinned, ran outside, called Jeanie (first time we had every talked on the phone) and screamed at the top of my lungs. "I GOT THE JOB! :D :D :D :D" Hahaha Then when I got to target (like two blocks away) I took my heal off and ran inside the store, looking for my mom.

7. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

For the last interview I had, I was the first person to be interviewed out of many. It felt like it went well, but she said they had over 100 applicants in 3 days and there were going to be three more weeks of interviewing candidates before they'd get back to me. Three weeks later I got the call. They said they just couldn't forget my smile :D Yay! Now I'm the one doing the interviewing.