• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Interview presentation

shelgarr

Registered Member
I got a call on my resume. Today is the interview. Very happy....it's the type clinical research job I've been trying to get. They asked I send in a 10-slide PowerPoint file about my qualifications and what I will bring to their company. I'm to present it to a group when I get there, and then meet with them individually. First time for everything. BTW, I've never worked in PP but it turned out pretty good.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Any update on this?
I haven't been on interviews that required pp presentation, even if the job used it a lot. Did you have to present it there? Or just send them the file?

shelgarr

Registered Member
Thanks for asking Ysabel. Well...I didn't get the job. The presentation turned out pretty good though...if I do say so myself. They had asked I provide the file in advance so they could get it set up in the conference room. It was a powerpoint 10-slide show given in front of a panel of 6 which included the two owners and a VP. It was followed by a verbal with the 3 that I would be directly working with. This was the first (and probably only time) I've done a presentation like that for a job interview !!!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
All that elaborate work for an interview, wow. At least it's an experience for you, if anything. How's your luck in job hunting these days? Mine's meh so I'm not thinking about it much anymore.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It was a very good experience. Given I've not worked in PP much and can't stand to talk in front of an "audience" I coped pretty well. The job (clinical operations associate) is one that I really wanted. That was motivation for me to really apply my best effort and get a grip on my fears.

No luck with the job hunt. I look at the listings and there's a few I could try for but I haven't been doing so of late. My days have been pretty busy as well with extra school volunteering and track season winding down and book club and bunco and tennis.

I did get a call recently from an ex-director of a current client. She has moved on and is now consulting. Her own activities brought about an audit job that she thought would interest me. In talking though, it's outside my experience. It was her hope I would still talk to her connection about resources I may know about. I've given it some thought and I really don't have any! LOL . So far they haven't called.