Internet Life

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
How do you feel about your internet life? Do you try to keep it a secret from your family? How about your friends?

I know I try to keep it separate. A few of my friends have posted here before but they are video game and internet nerds, too. My family doesn't really know any I've had plenty of girlfriends who had no idea, and a few who did. It just seems weird to me having to share with the world that I have a second life revolving around the internet.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
My parents know, well I live in their house.

Well, as for the girlfriends, only one knew that I had expierence on the computer, while others just think I get on MySpace and MSN during the day.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My internet life and my real life have always been completely separate. None of my friends are into this sort of thing, so they just wouldn't understand it. My parents think everyone on the internet is creepy.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
On the first forum I got into, the internet friends have since become real life friends. Knyte and I flew to Florida for a week and stayed with one couple from the forum prior to every meeting them. That was kind of awkward to explain to "real life" family and friends, yea we are going to a state we've never been to to stay with a couple we've never met, and hang out with friends we don't really know. Anyways, we had a blast and some of those friends are now closer then ever, The said friend above actually referred Knyte to his latest job so now they are also officially co workers (same company, different offices). All of my friends and family that are real life friends first, aren't involved in my internet life at all though. I have one sister I might introduce to forums at some point (she's still a young un to me though, although this forum would work better then the last one, it was an older group and not as kid friendly), but I dont want any of the rest of them on a forum I frequent, cause then how do I come here to complain about them :D.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Mine aren't that separate. I just don't see the point of trying to lead a second life especially if I don't have the foresight to realize what people I know might read here, so I stay true to my real self.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't say they are separate, however just about everybody I know in real life doesn't know a thing about computers and only uses the internet for MySpace or Facebook. Ughh.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I consider the Internet to be just another place I meet people. "Kayleigh? oh yeah, she's one of my Internet friends" no big deal.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I wouldn't say they are separate, however just about everybody I know in real life doesn't know a thing about computers and only uses the internet for MySpace or Facebook. Ughh.
**Having a hard time picturing Andrew not hanging with people that don't know C++.....

....oh look, here is the google streetview of Andrew's front yard. Looks like he is chilling with his crew...

:lol:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I have a couple of friends but for the most part it's private though everyone knows about it, I am the only one interested in this sort of stuff to any extent whatsoever.