Internet Explorer Alternatives?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who here still uses IE? I'd like to think that most of us have finally made a switch to something else. I finally became a Firefox person myself, and haven't looked back. I love the fact that you can skin it and tweak it pretty much any way you want. Open source browsers rule.

As for IE, it was cool back in 2000 or so, but since new stuff has been coming out, and IE hasn't kept up, it's been losing a ton of ground to Firefox. Another that I hear a lot about is Crazy Browser. I guess the tabbed browsing is getting popular. I don't care about tabbed browsing though. I'll use it, but I'll also use different windows. It doesn't really make a difference to me, so that's not a deciding factor. The biggest reason I'd recommend NOT using IE is the fact that there are so many viruses that are targeted at IE that other browsers won't be effected by.

What other IE alternatives have you used if any?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have FireFox and it's customized pretty well to fit my needs. It loads faster, doens't have that stupid blank page loading screen, and takes up a lot less space on my screen.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I use a IE based browser... Crazy Browser..

has alot of different things like popup blocker and tabbed surfing...

I havent really tried anything else yet... might just give firefox a try

dk_rare

Registered Member
Firefox all the way for me, only cos it is simple and works ^_^

Opera is still a good option, especially now that it is free

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I actually use IE, Crazy Browser and FireFox. Mostly crazy browser. But when I am doing web editing, I need to make sure that it is displaying correctly. FireFox is the best for this. Whatever you have in the html is what it displays, which is why I like use. I don't like it very much because it is a RAM hog. Crazy Browser is my favorite because I use the tabs constantly. I am using it to post this message. Plus I have another 10 tabs open for me to read yet.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand what's so good about Crazy Browser? It's IE based so you basically have IE with tabs, but with viruses still, or is there added security? Firefox has tabs too. I have been using it a lote lately, almost exclusively. I love how it shows exactly what the HTML says. It doesn't compress empty tags, so it makes you keep an eye on clutter in your code. :)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
FireFox has tabs but with as many tabs as I open at one time, FireFox just moves too slow for me. Crazy Browser has a spyware blocker build in that you can disable for certain websites. I don't seem to have any problems with viruses, but that is probably because I have virus protection up the yin-yang.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Firefox all the way.

Although I do run IE, Netscape Navigator and a few others when I write HTML. I like to view my finished product on a couple of browsers to make sure that people using Netscape, for example, don't have a giant jpeg taking up half the screen or something like that.