• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Internet Advertisements

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm sure we've all seen the adverts all over the internet (if you have adblock you might not).

Really simply question here. Do you ever click on any of the ads?

I for one think that most ads on the internet are ridiculous. They all say "Watch this video that got banned.", "Congratulations you are the 1,000,000th visotor, THIS IS NOT A JOKE." "Try this one weird tip to lose fat" or my personal favorite "Repeal Obamacare, VOTE NOW."

Where do these ads come from? The quality is just so poor that I can't imagine anyone actually paying to put one up on any website. I consider ads from places like newegg or charities to be effective, that's about it though.

What do you think of internet ads?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I click on the one with 1 easy tip to lose fat all the time!! :lol:

No, I never click on any of those ads, but I definitely believe there are people gullable enough to click on them.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, some people are gullible.

I feel as if they're specifically engineered to prey on people that aren't all that familiar with the internet. There are those people out there that still believe the internet is serious business. They're probably really confused when they get rickrolled. :lol:

It's interesting to me because I feel as if internet ads are crap compared to stuff I see around town and on TV.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Nope, I'm a google chrome user so I never see any internet ads. Adblock all the way! I actually forget that youtube videos sometimes have ads play before them since I never see any on this computer. I love adblock.

dDave

V.I.P.
Nope, I'm a google chrome user so I never see any internet ads. Adblock all the way! I actually forget that youtube videos sometimes have ads play before them since I never see any on this computer. I love adblock.
You must be viewing all of the right videos. I don't think adblock is meant to block that

My adblock definitely doesn't block video ads that play on youtube.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What adblock are you using? I view A LOT of youtube videos every single day, and for months now I haven't seen a single ad on them because of adblock. And a lot of the videos I watch used to have ads when I watched them, so I know they are there but I am skipping them.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I never click on them. I get paranoid that they are all viruses.

Most of the time I don't see them, I have some kind of ad blocking going on, but I do see some of them. I see mostly dating sites on here.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I never click on or see any ad's since I use ad-block on Firefox, its the greatest thing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Really simply question here. Do you ever click on any of the ads?
I only ever click ads by accident. GF is the only site that I have ads enabled on and even then they rarely show up. I'll click on an add for NewEgg or Amazon before I buy something just to try to get a little revenue for a site I frequent.