Interesting...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Jim, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Guest

Google the word failure...I think you'll find the first hit quite humurous...

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Google bombing's nothing new. The statistical system they use to determine results is deeply flawed because it's not excessively difficult to manipulate. Last time I checked, "jew" brought back an anti-jewish website. Being outrageous or starting an internet phenomena that jumpstarts a lot of linking makes it easy to jack up sites to unlikely places on Google.

Kaz

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

hahaha. It's funny 'cause it's true.

4. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

He's not a failure. He's a perfectly competent sock puppet whose accomplishing everything his Daddy failed to.

Hoosier.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Ohh..I get it now

Hit...Thats the one..

And whats the "I feel Lucky"

WTF is that for..Really Stupid

6. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Guest

you click "I feel lucky" if you think your search is narrow enough to take you to the site you want...

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

It's actually a time saver on a slow computer if you're sure your google will yield the address of choice. Or if you're at school and need to look busy.

Kaz

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

It may be a flaw, but I think it's an interesting one... it certainly provides a way for people to get an opinion across to a lot of people. It can be used to great advantage (but like always, can be used for great harm). *shrug*

http://www.google.com/help/features.html#lucky says
    " The "I'm Feeling Lucky™" button takes you directly to the first web page Google returned for your query. You will not see the other search results at all. An "I'm Feeling Lucky" search means you spend less time searching for web pages and more time looking at them.

For example, to find the homepage for Stanford University, simply enter Stanford into the search field and click on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Google takes you directly to "www.stanford.edu", the official homepage of Stanford University. "

I'm confused, how is that stupid? (I don't use it myself, but some people might)