• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Interesting Real Estate Trivia

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, I recently heard an interesting tid-bit.

McDonalds, (yes, the hamburger franchise) collectively owns the most Real Estate out of any company in the world. Now understandably, each restaurant is individually owned, but together, they all cover more ground, and are worth more money than any other group of related real estate in the world, including all of the Catholic Church owned real estate.

:)

GunshySlycat1

That's funny. I'm very much 'into' REI as you don't need money down really to get in and you could always be a bird-dog for REI's if you have a good eye for property and make 5% at close.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good point stockbroker.

Major malls outlets like JcPenny probably own a lot too, but really I don't know if they physically own the land they are on, or if the mall does.

lzamora

Registered Member
A friend of mine in Mexico, owns two of these franchises (McDonalds) and as far as I know he owns the land and that was toward the total money he should prove he has (assets, cash and investment). So if this is just for stadistics on the number of franchises worldwide it is a valid statment, other than that McDonalds don't own the land ;)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well that's true, but stockbrokers point about Toys 'R us being corporate owned means that they actually own all of the land too. :)